ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a CEL, wanted to get it figured out today after school, where is best to go, Subaru or Autozone?
will Subaru do it free and reset it, as will autozone?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,471 Posts
will Subaru do it free and reset it
Stranger things have happened I suppose.

If your car has a valid emissions warranty (read the manual, the emissions warranty in the US is typically longer than for any other component), then take it to a dealer, state in writing you have an emissions fault, and request in writing emissions warranty service.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got it like 4 weeks ago brand new with 27 miles haha, this happened once before but i drove for 10 mins on the CEL (since i was already out, continued driving home) got home, waitied 15 mins, went back out, started it and the CEL was off and i could switch to sport sharp, etc, but this time it didnt go away. looks like ill be visiting the subaru near me after school

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,471 Posts
Check your fuel cap first.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
You would let an Autozone touch your car?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i saw on a post someone said autozone does the check for free and resets it free. thats why im asking if subaru will do it, id much rather go there haha

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
You would let an Autozone touch your car?
There's nothing wrong with them just checking a code...anything other than that, they are just a parts dealer. But on top of that, the Autozone by my house is actually really good with very knowledgeable employees.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
If they can't diagnose it and/or clear it, why have them read it? I'm not trying to be smartass; it just doesn't compute for me.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
If they can't diagnose it and/or clear it, why have them read it? I'm not trying to be smartass; it just doesn't compute for me.
I dunno about you guys but 9 times out of 10 I need a goddamn appointment to get into service for any dealer near me, and it's never same day or without having to drop off at night and leave it or some crap like that. And if you get a CEL, there's more than likely an Autozone running around thats closer, easier to get to, and faster to pull a code. It's better to know what the code is than sit there in the dark without knowing, and perhaps blow your car up before you get to that dealer for an appointment cause you're still driving around with a code.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
went to the dealership, they started setting me up with an appointment, i said nvm ill call if i need one, left, stopped at an autozone on the way home, misfire in cylinders 3 and 4, gunna bring it to the dealership since its only 3 weeks old

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
There ya go...goodluck getting it sorted out!

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Setting you up with an appointment? It's a brand new at with misfires, you need a rental under your signed contract agreement and they need to fix it. You do not want to continue to drive that car with misfires and they should know better.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Setting you up with an appointment? It's a brand new at with misfires, you need a rental under your signed contract agreement and they need to fix it. You do not want to continue to drive that car with misfires and they should know better.
+1. Who is your dealer?....just so I know not to go there.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
was going to ramsey subaru on 17, now i think im gunna take my buisiness to bill kolb. (car was from a dealership out of state because my dads friend owns a company that got it for us)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts