Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked my 2019 wrx in a heated garage for the winter, with all the necessary storage preparations in place.
The wrx has been standing there for a couple months now and I started it from time to time as I've heard that it is good to do so.
I had also disconnected the negative battery terminal while in storage, only connecting it for start ups.

So the other day I was going to give her a start again and I found the battery to be almost completely dead, where the car didn't even go into accessory mode. No problem I thought, I would just charge it a bit and then I'd be good to go. Charged it for a couple minutes and tried to start the car, wouldn't at first and I just heard some clicking noises, but I figured that was just normal for when the car received power again. (as that had also happened in the past)
Then, I charged the battery a little longer and the car turned on no problem. That's when I saw the check engine light come on...

So this pretty much sums up everything that happened. Does anyone know if this is normal or if possibly I'm doing something wrong? Maybe I just have to drive the car for a bit and then it will go away?

·
In Æternum
23,557 Posts
When you have questions about a CEL PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post the CEL code. We can't help effectively otherwise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you have questions about a CEL PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post the CEL code. We can't help effectively otherwise.
What's the cel?
One month later...

So I checked the engine code and it says P0606 - ECM/PCM Error.
After doing some research I figured out that this was probably due to my battery being disconnected and then having low voltage and not being able to send enough power to my ECM.

I decided to charge up the battery and start the car. I left the car running for a good 20mins and soon after the cel went off and hasn't turned on since.

Thanks anyways, Cheers! 🤙

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.