Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Track meet

With all the car being tuned by Turboxs it would be great if we could hook up.The track at Cecil county is running Feb 22 at 5:00 P.M.I will be there also dug-e-fresh so far I have run a 13.20 @105.44 and dug-e-fresh is in the 13.7 range He just got the Vishnu kit so he is most likely quicker.I talked to Mark at Turboxs and we are trying to get them to post also.So cmom let see the people from Virginia Maryland and Delaware.Thanks Michael

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's three. C'mom I know there more Wrx's in the area lets get as many as we can to the track Thanks Michael

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Michael, anything on the injectors yet? Cant wait to see what you run!!

My car has been running stronger recently. I have been playing with the scramble boost function on my SBC. It allows me to switch from one boost setting to another on the fly after a preset amount of time per gear. Right now I initially have it set for a 17.0 psi burst for 2 seconds per gear change, then its jumps down to 14.0 psi. Looking at my newly installed EGT gauge shows that the temps dont get that high for just those few seconds....soo...I may leave it alone....I dont know....

Anyway, I will definitely be going 2.22.02 to Cecil. Hopefully we can get more of a showing than we have now....but the 3 of us should have a blast regardless!!

Last night I ran my Gtech and hit another 0-60 in 4.54 seconds, but then I ran it through the 1/4 and hit 13.11!! I doubt Ill run that at the track, but I will be happy with 13.3 or 13.4...well see.

Just think Rich, I have an exhaust leak too on my uppipe and I am still running pretty strong. And you, you ran extremely well against me that one night on the way home......your car will be fine!!:)

Doug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still waiting on the injectors hopefully they will be here this week. I like to hook up so I can try your g-tech let me know. Thanks Michael

·
Registered
112 Posts
Michael-

I ordered some new tranny lube (Redline) for my 20,000 mile lube change from Maryland Performance. I had already put in 75W90 at 10k...found out it was the wrong stuff just yesterday! Turns out we need 75W90NS. The wrong stuff ran good though. Every one and a while I would get a little crunch shifting into 4th....most likely the friction modifiers not letting the synchro do its job.

Soo...I should have 5 quarts waiting for me this evening. Anyhow.....whats the chances of you being around there say between 3 and 6pm?

Let me know....Ill be there sometime, let me what best for you and I will plan around that. OK?

Doug

BTW- what does Mark charge you for tuning your car? You can PM here or at i-club....Ill be checking.

·
Registered
112 Posts
you should be ok... I was able to pull my radiator in less than 5 minutes!

BTW- Rain that had been in the local forecast for the track has been removed!! Yeah!!

The Weather Channel

Doug

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'll be taking digital pictures for ImportDesigns.com that night so make sure everyone's car is waxed.

Looks like MIR's Midnight Madness opening night is Friday, April 5th. That is followed by the IMSTAR World Import Series II on Sunday April 21st. Not sure what "IMSTAR" stands for, I think it's new.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone there and taking some good pictures for my website.

-- Rich

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Rich,

Thanks for the PM. I wanted to come, but, like I said, it depended on how quickly my radiator got replaced. Colonial Subaru called my cell phone (at 1:00pm) while I was at home, so I didn't get the message that it was done until 3:45pm. I still could've made it, but I decided to wait for my sister to get home at 4:45pm to take me to get me car, rather than inconveniencing my g/f.

I'll definitely make the next WRX event at Cecil County!!!
My track is open (Atco) and I should really go race (since it's so warm outside!), but I have plans to go karting tomorrow with some friends. I really want to get my uppipe in before I take my car to the track again anyway. I already know what she can do with my current setup. I need some new toys before I abuse my clutch and tranny any more!

So what kind of times did the attending WRXs run? I'm looking forward to hearing about the TurboXS WRX!!!!

-Jim

BigRich wrote on 02-22-2002 12:20 AM:
Are you still planning on showing up? We'll probably arrive around 6ish. TurboXS is supposedly bringing their car and racing it. We have at least 3 WR Blue WRX's in our group. You can't miss us among all the Mustangs.
-- Rich

·
Registered
112 Posts
I managed 4 runs last night... here they are, I'll have actual pics of the slips soon....

Run 1 (just got to the track (20mins!!) and mentally wasn't ready yet)

60'- 1.966
330'- 5.561
1/8- 8.710
MPH- 80.92
1000'- 11.324
1/4- 13.577
MPH- 99.44

Run 2 (My new personal best!!)
60'- 1.855
330'- 5.476
1/8- 8.508
MPH- 81.54
1000'- 11.105
1/4- 13.332
MPH- 101.10

Run 3
60'- 1.910
330'- 5.529
1/8- 8.561
MPH- 81.41
1000'- 11.162
1/4- 13.390
MPH- 101.26

Run 4
60'- 1.857
330'- 5.471
1/8- 8.511
MPH- 81.18
1000'- 11.116
1/4- 13.346
MPH- 101.05

My previous personal best was 13.710 @ 98.23. That was with a Blitz SBC i-D and all synthetic lubricants (Redline and Castrol Syntec). With the Vishnu Stage 0 kit (Underdrive Crank Pulley w/belts, Perf Uppipe, Unichip and Colder plugs, I deleted the MBC), I pulled almost 4 tenths off!! Awesome!! Thank you Vishnu!!

There were at least 7 other WRXs that ran at Cecil and 2 or 3 present that did not run... I think it was a fun night for all!!

Doug

·
Registered
292 Posts
These pictures aren't that great unfortunally, my digital camera lacks in night-time photo taking ability. Never the less, here is about 20 of better ones. If anyone wants originals (1280x960), drop me an e-mail at ([email protected]). Better yet, if anyone is good at photo clean-up let me know.

Pictures Here

April 5th is the MIR opening night. I say we try for another WRX meet there. Won't freeze too badly for that one.

-- Rich

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mid-Atlantic WRXs

Wow, I didn't know that many people had WRXs in the area that go to Cecil County Dragway. I'll have to try to remember what setups you guys have so I can look you up when I get there. I probably won't run, but I want to go check out some modified WRXs. Do you guys plan to go about every Friday night? This past Friday would've been the night to go, however I had to miss it.

Steve G

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not every friday... but quite a bit of them. I just ran a 13.248 friday... when I get Vishnu Stage 1 installed I hope to shave at least 2 or 3 more tenths off that! Wednesdays are the best times to go...they are starting up April 10, and every other Wed after that...hope to see ya there!

Doug

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice run

Nice run, low 13's is awesome. Are there many guys that run that quick, in the street import classes?

I assume Wednesdays don't bring out quite the crowd as a Friday night. I'll try to stop by one of the Friday evenings to meet some of you guys. Mine is bone stock, but I was thinking of getting a few good baseline runs. Later.

Steve G

1 - 20 of 21 Posts