ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Every car reacts to base maps differently. Do you have a WBO2 to verify fueling?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Or will it only cause boost creep?
Yes and yes it can. Could also be that maybe you are running catless without the CEL fix?

Regardless, have you data logged to see what's happening?

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
I don't know what a "cattles downpipe" is. I didn't know cattle needed downpipes.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
If the car has a huge boost spike or has severe boost creep and your injectors run out of fuel then yes you will have a lean condition. More boost = more fuel. The stock injectors do not have alot of headroom in the upper rpm range.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
I don't know what a "cattles downpipe" is. I didn't know cattle needed downpipes.
Just for rodeos and show mostly....no good without a tune.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The AP is the CEL fix......;)
Wait a minute. Can I disable the CEL with my AP? I can do it with the Diablo Tuner (Mopar) but never thought about it with the AP

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
In the older models the maps notes state specifically what DTC's are defeated automatically. I didn't see it in the newer map notes but I know it's the same. CobbTuning.com - '09-'12 AccessPORT Generally a stage2 map would defeat these: P0137 - Rear O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage P0138 - Rear O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage P0139 - Rear O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response P0140 – O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 2) ** P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold P2096 – Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1 ** P2097 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1 **

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm getting That 0137 right now. I asked Eric at TP about it this morning, he indicated I may need a new rear o2. Which sucks because the car is a few months old.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
I'm getting That 0137 right now. I asked Eric at TP about it this morning, he indicated I may need a new rear o2. Which sucks because the car is a few months old.
Time to shop for AFR gauges. :wiggles:

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Yeah the 32bit ECU's require the rear O2 to function properly.Cobb does recalibrate the threshold so you can run with aftermarket exhaust,but the DTC I guess is not totally disabled so you still know if there is an issue witih the sensor. That sensor does provide AFR feedback that helps with fuel trims. The older 16 bit ECU's can easily run without the rear O2 as it is strictly for cat efficiency. I haven't had a rear O2 for over 4 or 5 years now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts