Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a question. If I were to put an uppipe and downpipe, would that leave me catless? This is probably a stupid question but i'm a newbie. But anyways, I really don't want to go catless, you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are 3 cats in the WRX. One in the uppipe, one in the downpipe, and one in the midpipe. So if you were to put in a catless uppipe and downpipe you would still have 1 cat.

·
Registered
122 Posts
To keep the third cat you could go with a Bosal, Scoobysport, even Perrin if I remember right. I'm sure there's a few more out there. These pipes will remove the second and keep the 3 cat (mid pipe) intact.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The answer is yes or no

The upipe will eliminate the first cat and the downpipe can eliminate one or both of the remaining two depending on brand... The perrin eliminates both (I have it.)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I say go with the TurboXS "Stealthback" or turboback system. Assuming you replaced the uppipe with a catless one, putting the TXS turboback leaves one cat (a high-flow cat). So then, say you wanted more performance and louder exhaust, all you have to do is simply remove the cat-pipe and replace it with a "race-pipe or test-pipe." (a direct replacement for the catpipe, and both are about a footlong or so) It's been said that one highflow cat will pass emissions, so I'm hoping that is true.

-Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts