Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baseline: I want to go stage 2 (Catless downpipe) Not sure what exactly I need to install to prevent boost creep.

I'm aware that I will need a electronic boost control solenoid but is there anything else?

Can anyone please help?

·
Super Moderator
11,717 Posts
Baseline: I want to go stage 2 (Catless downpipe) Not sure what exactly I need to install to prevent boost creep.

I'm aware that I will need a electronic boost control solenoid but is there anything else?

Can anyone please help?
External wastegate and a tuning shop that will do it. After the epa crackdown the number of shops that will mess with catless downpipes are hovering around zero.

You are aware that there is not really any extra power to be had? It just makes your car reek like hell and the ass end endlessly covered in soot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
External wastegate and a tuning shop that will do it. After the epa crackdown the number of shops that will mess with catless downpipes are hovering around zero.

You are aware that there is not really any extra power to be had? It just makes your car reek like hell and the ass end endlessly covered in soot?
Thank you for your answer.
Makes sense... and yes, I am aware of that.

Would you suggest a high flow cat instead? Because after doing some more research these last couple of days, I've come to the conclusion that a catted downpipe would be better after all.

·
Super Moderator
11,717 Posts
Thank you for your answer.
Makes sense... and yes, I am aware of that.

Would you suggest a high flow cat instead? Because after doing some more research these last couple of days, I've come to the conclusion that a catted downpipe would be better after all.
Yes. As of right now my recommendation would be Cobbs kits with their new catalyst substrate. Although not specifically clean it's a far cry better than older models and still offers the same performance benefits.

It also doesn't require disabling of the rear O2 sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts