Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just bought a uncatted downpipe for my 2011 wrx and I know you need to get it tuned but can I install the downpipe and drive to my tuner or will that cause issues? I’ve been told it’s okay as long as you stay out of boost but wanted some more opinions before I just go and do. Thanks!

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
How far is the drive to your tuner? Technically it is a bad idea. But, if you stay out of boost and drive carefully to the shop you should be okay. It's not ideal, but many people do it. If you are paying for a protune, and it is a longer drive to the tuner, contact the shop and see if they will give you a base map to get there safely. Most reputable tuners will do this.

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
Ok. My 2011 had a catless dp and you can search back but basically the tune got pulled and the app taken when i took delivery.

It will run, and it will misfire under even moderate load.

I would recommend installing it there or Getting the tuner to send you a base tune.

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
How will the tuner be calibrating the ECU for you? If you're using a Cobb AP, you can flash their base map calibration on there and just keep your foot out of it.

If you don't have the ability to reflash the ECU, run a vacuum line directly from the compressor to the wastegate actuator to limit yourself to spring pressure, then reconnect the factory hoses when you get to the shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts