Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know, i'm sick of these topics too, but here's one i don't thinks been asked before.
For the proper WRX configuration, should the catch can have 2 or 3 inlet/outlets? i see the Greddy has 2, so does the Helix, but i've seen diagrams with the model having 3, and one i'm looking at buying from a buddy has 3 also. is there a def answer? does it matter?

·
Banned
601 Posts
I don't know what's propper. I do know that there are three taps going from the engine to the turbo inlet pipe. If you use 5 hoses which are the same size(3 to the catch can 2 to the inlet pipe from the can), it would probably keep the pressure most like when the wrx was br the catch can. I mean there are two hoses connected to the metal pipe on the front of the intercooler, then the pipe goes to the inlet pipe(two of the hoses). Then there is one that's close to the turbo below the throttle body which goes to the inlet pipe. By keeping the hoses the same as stock and as short as possible, it would keep the engine running most like stock. There are obviously other factors like different intake increasing the amount of pressure in the inlet pipe at boost, but that's another topic I guess.

peace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts