Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2014 Subaru WRX. I love my Mitsubishi A Eclipse but I just didn’t have the power that I wanted out of it and I thought it was time to get something I’d really enjoy more since I’m in a better financial situation now. I’m just looking for some feedback on cat back exhaust. Is there any recommendations of a decent cat back exhaust it’s not going to be really really expensive. I’m seeing less expensive ones like Katie to power gone for around 350 but I’m skeptical. Any recommendations would help. I’m not looking to go crazy with modifying this car I just want to get some minor things done do it exhaust and other little odds and ends

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
At 350 I can't imagine it would last very long. It would probably rust away in a year

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
A $350 exhaust is going to be a piece of ****. Buy a quality system used with low mileage. I've seen Corsa exhaust go for around $500-$600 if you keep your eye out. Other exhaust systems are similarly priced.

Don't put garbage parts on your nice new car.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
A $350 exhaust is going to be a piece of ****. Buy a quality system used with low mileage. I've seen Corsa exhaust go for around $500-$600 if you keep your eye out. Other exhaust systems are similarly priced.

Don't put garbage parts on your nice new car.
I wish my Corsa cost 600 bucks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welllll I have a 2018 WRX and installed a MagnaFlow (resonator) exhaust and it fit perfectly and I have driven it from sea-to-shining-sea and it runs great. Wrung it out to 133mph per speedo AND Garmin GPS ... still pulling. Simply plugged-n-played ... no nuttin' else. Is it quicker? Good enough for me.

TT
Savannah & San Felipe

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Welllll I have a 2018 WRX and installed a MagnaFlow (resonator) exhaust and it fit perfectly and I have driven it from sea-to-shining-sea and it runs great. Wrung it out to 133mph per speedo AND Garmin GPS ... still pulling. Simply plugged-n-played ... no nuttin' else. Is it quicker? Good enough for me.

TT
Savannah & San Felipe
It makes zero difference in power, there are some Dyno sheets floating around showing a cat back can hurt wheel HP on the fa20f without a full exhaust. Your car also isn't pulling at 133 it's struggling for life.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I wish my Corsa cost 600 bucks
Sorry. I meant used. Mine sold for less after posting in on several Subaru forums, a local facebook group, and craigslist. I held onto it for months with zero interest. Sucked.

Wrung it out to 133mph per speedo AND Garmin GPS ... still pulling.
Yeah, for sure. My STI was still pulling at 200 mph. Stock. Backwards. In the snow. On summer tires. With 4 people in the car. On a curved road. With a full tank.

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Corsa is great. Love the sound. But I have always been an Invidia fan. I have had invidia exhausts on all of my turbo'd Subaru's with the exception of one.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Sorry. I meant used. Mine sold for less after posting in on several Subaru forums, a local facebook group, and craigslist. I held onto it for months with zero interest. Sucked.

Yeah, for sure. My STI was still pulling at 200 mph. Stock. Backwards. In the snow. On summer tires. With 4 people in the car. On a curved road. With a full tank.
Wow, that's a brutal hit.

·
something else forever
2,387 Posts
my 2014 wrx came with a dealership installed SPT Catback Exhaust and in my opinion it sounds really good - the perfect mix between calm but aggressive

1 - 15 of 15 Posts