Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently heard that my cat right by the motor is plugged up and I might need a new one if I went and got a downpipe with a cat would it be worth it to go after market or just stick with the oem

·
Not a mod
13,147 Posts
I recently heard that my cat right by the motor is plugged up and I might need a new one if I went and got a downpipe with a cat would it be worth it to go after market or just stick with the oem
You have to tune for any aftermarket downpipe that isn't an OEM equivalent design.

As of right now the number of places that will provide that tune is very near zero.

What year car do you have

·
Not a mod
13,147 Posts
I have a 2016 subaru wrx it has a down pipe with a cat I looks aftermarket I didn't know if you get a downpipe with cat that aftermarket if I would need a tune
Yeah. If you have an aftermarket downpipe and it's not tuned you likely have bigger issues than a clogged cat.

What are the symptoms what other things have you added to the car.

·
Not a mod
13,147 Posts
If you don't have the AP, probably not. The exhaust is it? No intake and blow off valve and front mount?

Either way your only real option relating to the exhaust here if the downpipe is aftermarket is buying an OEM unit and having a dealership ensure the vehicle is mapped correctly.

Cobb is the supermajority of tuning support for the 15+ platforms. They stopped supporting all tunes that modify the emissions equipment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts