Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at Axle back exhausts, but I was wondering if there were any added benefits of going with the cat back instead? Or is just one less thing to mod later on?

·
Super Moderator
11,436 Posts
Yes might as well go fatback, you'll spend 150-200 more upfront but if you go axleback and ever want a catback you'll spend more than that anyways.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
A sausage won't make a good exhaust. I would personally get cat back if planning ever to do a downpipe. If just for sound axle back is fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I have the same question actually. Im looking more for sound not really planning on changing up the current performance of the car. Keeping it pretty stock due to my extended warranty. Im assuming axle-back would be fine

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah I have the same question actually. Im looking more for sound not really planning on changing up the current performance of the car. Keeping it pretty stock due to my extended warranty. Im assuming axle-back would be fine
Axle or cat back won't mess with anything on your warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have those of you who have had an axleback fitted ever experience a drone? I've read online that most catbacks don't drone but not heard anything pertaining to the axleback

1 - 6 of 6 Posts