ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2005 WRX Sport Wagon in San Remo Red over the weekend. Stoked to be back in a Subaru!! Had a B5 Audi S4 for a few months and before that a White GC RS Sedan. Drives a lot like the RS but the turbo's quite an upgrade to that set-up. 51K on the odometer.

Mods:

- Perrin Divorced DP
- Megan 3" Exhaust

Here's some pics as she sits. I'll probably play a little big here and there but it will be awhile before I heavily modify the car.

Can't wait for coilovers and a decent wheel/tire set-up! Though I have few other priorities in front of all that. I'm running the OEM 16's with Continental ContiPro's that came on

Just ran a compression test that came out well, replaced the plugs while we had everything apart. Just bought a vf43, SPT Intake and I'm about to grab a 2" Perrin Uppipe in the next few days. A buddy has a fuel pump and injectors for me so this should come together rather quickly once I get everything collected. Goal at this stage is a conservative 300whp open source tune for a DD. I may track a few times but mostly a commuter.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Beautiful wagon man!!

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Green pump handle threw me off.. Only diesel pumps out of green around these parts.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful wagon man!!
Thanks a lot man! I've enjoyed it thus far. Had to be a rare color for me to tackle a wagon. But Subie wagons are the best looking. imo

Car looks great.

Your user name :rotfl:
Thanks! Surprisingly enough I've gotten very few comments about the username. Used it for years...

Green pump handle threw me off.. Only diesel pumps out of green around these parts.
I think BP has green pump handles around here.
Definitely BP. That would be such a horrifying mistake...Id have nightmares over that one. lol

RED Wagon with a nice tint job. I'm jealous. Nice car man.
Thanks a lot. Not sure how long I can get away with the 5% tint here in MI. We're not supposed to have any tint on the front three windows. If they let me go too long I'll likely put a sun visor strip across the windshield. I sit a little higher in this car than I did my last and it seems to blast me at dusk (plus I had 35% all the way around, including the windshield)...that or my eyes are getting used to the side tint and when the sun breaks through it's a bit overwhelming. lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Picked up some parts for the turbo swap that will hopefully take place in the next few weeks.

- vf43 (30K, New Seals, No wastegate Crack, Zero Shaft Play, ported and polished)
- STI TMIC with Prodrive Silicone Y Pipe
- Perrin Turbo Inlet
- Perrin Divorced DP
- Perrin Turbo Blanket
- Perrin Front Strut Tie Bar
- Perrin Pitch Stop Mount
- Perrin Manual Boost Controller
- Megan 3" Full Turbo Back Exhaust
- SPT Cold Air Intake and Heat Shield
- Mishimoto Radiator (170 degree T-Stat)
- Rota G Force Wheels 18X8.5 et48 (2K on them)
- General G-Max Tires 224/40 (2K miles on them)
- Grimmspeed Gaskets
- Walbro 255lph

I'm going to heat wrap the Uppipe when it arrives and maybe pick up a heat shield as well. A friend of a friend is going to OS tune it for me once things are assembled. Might do a TGV delete too to see if I can't tweak a little more HP out of the set-up. The goal is to be at around 300whp on 93 Octane and hopefully leave the engine alone for at least a few thousand miles. Though I have a buddy on e85 that bleeds WRB so we'll see how long that lasts...

Really dying to start with aesthetic mods as well...it needs a drop in the worst way... :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cant believe it's been the whole summer since I updated this thread...Stage 3 Upgrade and tune went off without a hitch...I'll post up some pics of the process here soon...A few plans changed, mostly for the better. Bought coilovers and front Brembo's but sold the coils to fund the Spring/Strut Combo and a friend needed the Brembos so I sold those as well and went with Four Pots instead...

Quite a few other parts have been accumulating...

- WRX Struts w/ Koni Inserts
- RCE Yellows
- Perrin Front and Rear 25mm Sways
- Kartboy Front and Rear Endlink
- Whiteline Roll Center Kit
- Autometer Bezel Pod (Dual 52mm)
- VEI 52mm (Boost, Radar, Oil pressure and temp w/ Install kit)
- ProSport Oil Filter Sandwich Adaptor
- 06-07 WRX Four Pot Front Calipers
- ATE Super Blue Racing Fluid
- JDM WRX 2 Pot Rears (w/Kartboy adaptors)
- StopTech SS Brake Lines
- Hawk HPS Pads (F&R)
- DBA 4000 Series Rotors (F&R)
- STI Front Splitters (need Paint to Match)
- V-Limited Replica Front lip (good shape)
- GroupN Motor Mounts
- GroupN Trans Mount
- Rear Spats (Need paint)
- Alpine IVA-W505
- Focal FA165W 6.5" Components
- Focal Solid 4 (4X100) Amp

Still need to pick up front and rear top hats to finish out the suspension upgrade. Thinking Whiteline Com C Front and GroupN Rear Hats. I'll still need Camber Bolts as well...sway bars will have to wait till spring as I cant see putting them on this late in the year to run them in the snow...

I also grabbed a Yakima Roof Rack and put in a matching tint glare strip at 5%.

Here's a few pics of how she sits right now...

Still watching for JDM fogs too...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice project man. Love what you are doing with it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks a lot!

I keep debating on trading it for a 2.5l. The lag gets to me every now and again though I know I'd have a hard time walking away from her...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^ Thanks!! Still working on a few corners but I'm lacking motivation these last few days. Hopefully ill get moving this week! Lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts