ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know that little panel that the license plate mounts to? well its kinda ugly when there is no plate there.. so i built my own little cover out of carbon fiber! it looks pretty good and when i get my camera back ill take a quick pic... anyways i made it and i dont really want to drill holes so im wondering how to mount it there

Matt

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I'm assuming your talking about the front plate?

That 3m tape might work if its not very heavy.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....lol the tape probably weighs more its like a millimeter thick carbon plate

Matt

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Yeah it will probably hold then only issue is that since I'm guess its flat and the tape is thick you'll have a slight gap.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics!!!!!

Before /\

After /\

i actually found one of those aluminum plates that has like WRX etched into it under my spare ...kinda weird ehh... anyways so i cleaned it up and sanded my carbon plate down to size. then used double sided tape to stick the carbon plate to the aluminum plate then i used the aluminum to template the holes, drillied the holes, then bought a couple of sheet metal trim screws, so i filled the stock holes with a little dab of super glue, then stuck the plate/carbon assembly to the bumper with some double sided tape, then screwed it into place, it is ultra solid and personally i think it looks good.

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts