ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone on this forum have a carbon fiber vortex generator installed on there wrx? Here is a link to the exact one I am talking about.

APR Carbon Fiber Type B Vortex Generator (Roof) - 17 WRX & STI with 7" Starlink / 18* WRX & STI - Spoilers / Wings - Exterior - 15+ WRX

I know I can get the non carbon fiber one for way cheaper but Im just obsessed with how carbon fiber looks on the car so I dont mind paying the extra cash. If anyone has this installed on there car or something similar I would love to see some pics of it. Also how is it holding up after some time? Thanks.:thumbup:

·
Super Modulator
19,448 Posts
Ooff, that's a lot of money to spend on something that does literally nothing.

To put your mind at ease, I see these things ALL the time on VA chassis cars... I personally think they look ricey as all get out, but it's your car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it is expensive for something that is all just for show but I think it makes the car look more aggressive and matches the rear bumper very well. It was either that or a roof spoiler and I'm not really a huge fan of those.

·
Super Modulator
19,448 Posts
I know it is expensive for something that is all just for show but I think it makes the car look more aggressive and matches the rear bumper very well. It was either that or a roof spoiler and I'm not really a huge fan of those.
I've not seen a CF one in the wild, only plastic composite. Those seem to hold up well.

CF is fine, but will require special maintenance to keep it looking nice. For something that doesn't require rigidity, the plastic composite makes far more sense -- much much cheaper and less maintenance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the VG for whatever reason & have one. I wouldn’t spend that on a CF one. I got the CF trunk trim. It’s more reasonable and adds a little something. Looks especially good on white.
How is your plastic vortex generator holding up over time? Do you notice any fading on it from sun damge?

·
I Drink & I Know Things
2,423 Posts
How is your plastic vortex generator holding up over time? Do you notice any fading on it from sun damge?
I’ve had the car for about 39 months now & there is no noticeable fade or discoloration yet. I’m in Michigan so it sees extreme weather. I have some plastic restorer on hand if needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts