ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The face plate that surrounds the radio, bezels, etc. was messed up by the Glade air fresheners that you put on the ac vents (the bottle fell and the liquid splashed on the face plate), now it has permanent splash marks all over. Can't decide if I should replace it with oem or just buy the carbon fiber trim. Just want to know if anybody has the Subaru carbon fiber trim on their dash, if so, how do u like it (also, how did you apply it) and please post pics. Thanks.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Mine came from the dealer with it. I had driven a few of the models w/ the standard dash, and it looked too plasticy and fake.

Basically, I didn't want silver plastic for the interior trim of my car. the CF was nice and dark, and was less obvious.

I still love it.

dR

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's the same trim. The first pic just shows the "snakeskin" due to the lighting.

I had the CF interior in my WRX from the dealer and I loved it. I've been contemplating getting it for my STi, but it's been a year now and I think I am used to the silver plastic look; I don't even notice it anymore.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
skvfx said:
someone should macro shot the carbon fiber real close like :D
I second the macro shot request, I am considering getting it.. Is it a printed pattern that looks real fakey, like seen on some vinyl? Or is it real / simulated to look real enough?

From what you guys are saying, it looks good, but I'd like to see it up close too!

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I've got the standard silver trim, and have acquired some scratches in one place due to my pop-out screen on my stereo system. You guys are making me interested in replacing the trim with the carbon fiber stuff.

Who sells this stuff for the best price?:confused:

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
I've got the standard silver trim, and have acquired some scratches in one place due to my pop-out screen on my stereo system. You guys are making me interested in replacing the trim with the carbon fiber stuff.

Who sells this stuff for the best price?:confused:
I believe flat4 has it for like 148 or something. I bought it from a friend who works for subaru and installed it. Very easy.

·
Registered
945 Posts
it just replaces the stock pieces which is nice
and it's not available for 05 yet since you guys have redesigned interior

and it looks good enough to be fake
no one ever knows:D

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
bluesix said:
I second the macro shot request, I am considering getting it.. Is it a printed pattern that looks real fakey, like seen on some vinyl? Or is it real / simulated to look real enough?

From what you guys are saying, it looks good, but I'd like to see it up close too!
Looks completely legit. Has a nice shine and pattern to it... I get compliments from everyone that sits in my car for the first time:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 19 of 19 Posts