Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! New to the forum. I just got a white wrx 2018 and been beating my head as to which front lip and rear spat to get. I am torn between plain black or carbon fiber. My goal is to have a clean look on wrx. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the 2016 WRX in Ice Silver and just put a plain black lip on. I've done a couple s207 themed vinyl overlays in carbon fiber (hood scoop and side sill runners) and plan on adding a couple other accents like that in the future.

The key is to plan ahead.. if you want to go for a carbon fiber theme, try to be consistent with everything you do. For the 2018 tho, a carbon fiber lip may look a bit odd considering that the new front lip has the black that extends down to where the lip touches the bumper. So if you do carbon fiber, there will be a clash between the CF and the black plastic of the front lip.

That being said, I broke my own rule and my lip spoiler is black, with all of my other accents/overlays being CF. But I still think it looks good.. Hope that helps.

Also, keep in mind that if you buy the lip spoiler in black, you can always wrap it in 3M carbon fiber vinyl in the future if you change your mind! its like, $30 for a huge roll of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts