ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
On the older cars it isn't useful since the nose is already aluminium. On the younger cars though they went back to steel, so my guess is the weight savings is not insubstantial.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i personally dont like CF unless it's painted to match.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks good. You need that CF trunk trim piece now. I only know of the SPT one - Subaru Online Parts
Yeah I'm getting that next :).

I don't like when people paint carbon fiber. And the weight difference between the hood and the trunk is pretty big. The trunk is ALOT lighter than stock. And the hood is as well. I'm not just going for the carbon fiber look. This is my show/track car. I would never have done the trunk for a daily driver. But overall I am pleased with the way the car looks :)

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Not my cup of tea, but if you like it then :thumbup:

Agreed on the trim piece too, that silver bar just looks so out of place against the cf trunk lid.

This is going to be a show/track car? What else you got planned?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Most people here hate CF...I really like it though, so looks good.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
I don't mind cf, I just would want the black to be integrated into the car better. I think the hood looks good cause it blends into the grill, but maybe if the roof were black and then the rear bumper had black following the lines of the trunk lid down, I think that would look good/better. But that's just me :)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
yeah I've seen the roof painted black before and it does make the CF look even better.

OP, now get some Tint, and keep the wheels dark.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,731 Posts
yeah I've seen the roof painted black before and it does make the CF look even better
I like the painted roof look, or where it looks like a very dark tinted window up top. I think it works well on a bunch of cars

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
yeah I've seen the roof painted black before and it does make the CF look even better.

OP, now get some Tint, and keep the wheels dark.
+1 on the tint :)

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Tint & there are other parts of the car you can change for even more weight reduction if that is your goal.Like the stock wheels that weigh 22lbs each.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah stock wheels will eventually be swapped out. Going for black wheels. Was debating having the roof wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl. Tints and tinted tails are next on the list as far as exterior though. I plan on building the motor to 300 or 350 awhp. After warranty though :) so this baby won't see the track for a few years. But I have extremely big plans for that ^_^. There actually carbon fiber rims out now that are 6 lbs a piece. I would love them but they are 3 grand a piece lol... But if I ever win the lottery then that is the route I'll go hehe ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm with Mike, I really like CF. Usually I'm not a fan of the CF trunk but since you're wingless and it really appeals to me. Great job!

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Yeah those Carbon Fiber wheels are ridiculous...

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts