Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, going to drop a YouTube video basically going over this entire thread. There may be some extra information in the thread though. I will paypal you a few beers if you lead to the fixing of the car. I'm out of ideas.

The Car:
2010 2.5i with an EJ255 swap in it. Car has been running fine for 20k+ miles with minor issues.
Stage 2 OTS XPT tune, 93 octane.
Catless DP, TD04, Catback, KN Drop in filter.
A/C Delete, Secondary air pump delete. 100% fuel pump duty mod. Extra grounds. 1 year old battery. Typical 08-14 firewall clutch welds broke, clutch still engages fully.

Have had misfires on cylinder 4 for about a month now. Car ran and pulled fine. Babied her in this time. Ran a compression test. All cylinders show 130+, cylinder 4 showed 120. No smoke coming from tailpipe or oil fill tube. No oil loss. Car ran REALLY low on gas, i mean dangerously low. Got off work, drove 1/4 mile to a very high end gas station in a high end part of town and filled up with 93 oct. When I went to go start it back up, the car would not start. Was able to limp it away from there after attempting to reset ecu and giving it gas while cranking. Car sounds like it has knock/slap/misfires. Clearly not healthy.

Got it home, replaced fuel pump with Walbro 255, no luck. Took apart intake manifold to check for leaks, replaced all exhaust gaskets, sprayed the MAF and throttle body down with their respective cleaners. Siphoned the gas out and filled it with 93 oct from another gas station, twice. Checked the spark plugs, coils and injectors. Swapped them all around, no dice. Sprayed a small amount of starter fluid into the intake, not much and no help. Cleaned the crank position sensor, manually turned the motor and inspected all the teeth, it looked good. I don't know how to check timing all that well but the belt is tight and the white (maybe green?) marks lined up perfectly.

Car starts when you give it gas while cranking. It sounds pretty awful and you can keep it alive and drive it if you keep the rpms high but she's an unhappy SOB. Once you let the rpms get below 1000, it will die.

Any suggestions? I'll throw $20 at someone via paypal if you can point me in the right direction and suggest a good troubleshoot to me. I'd love to buy you a beer or two at this point.

Posting a youtube video of me explaining this all shortly and it'll show how the car runs.
In the end of the video i mentioned post and preturbo, i forgot to say O2 seonsor. Whoops.

Am I allowed to link this, Mods? I suspect nobody is going to even read this thread... https://youtu.be/NxIsH5BpePM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I had a quick read of your post, to me it sounds like the issue definitely lies with the computer and the phone petrol. Sorry if u put this in your post but is the computer factory? Or is it chipped? I think personally I need a link G4 ecu with dyno tune for higher octane gas. I will read your post properly as soon as I have done my chores mate ?????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I had a quick read of your post, to me it sounds like the issue definitely lies with the computer and the phone petrol. Sorry if u put this in your post but is the computer factory? Or is it chipped? I think personally I need a link G4 ecu with dyno tune for higher octane gas. I will read your post properly as soon as I have done my chores mate ?????
Good evening mate. I am running a OTS XPT Tuning Stage 2 map on the stock ECU. And excuse my ignorance but what did you mean by phone petrol? I know petrol and gas are interchangeable internationally, but the 'phone' part has me boggled. Anyways, I appreciate you taking a look!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey dude sorry my phone is shocking with flipping auto correct haha! I didn?t mean to put phone in there at all haha! I read over and there was a few other wee errors too but not so wacko ones! Yea u have a interesting issue with your suby, I?m having a sort of similar one myself actually, turning over but no spark and randomly decides to start again when it chooses haha! Gone through all what could possibly be the issues but yet she still won?t start! Lol hoping to get out tonight for a drive but don?t think that will be happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts