Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought my first 2008 WRX and on the drive home the turbo blew (awesome luck + poor maintenance). The turbo died from a clogged banjo screen starving it. I had a reputable turbo mechanic guy in my area rebuild the turbo, sad i couldn't afford a VF52, he also flushed all the oil after the rebuild and put it back in. He also said that there was no metal shavings in the oil, so i thought my motor was saved! The next day im driving the car and it stalls out while im driving it and now it wont start. I checked the oil levels and I can see metal shavings on it. What do you think guys? Is my motor toast? Where should I go from here? My car is stock aside from a invidia exhaust

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, it was throwing code p0011 only which went away when the new turbo was installed. I didnt hear any loud noises when the car stalled out while driving but it did sound as if the turbo was sucking oil up, but the oil levels looked normal when i checked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.