ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car won't start after stage 2 flash
it said that it was successful and now it will turn over but not start
also when i plug in the test wires the first time the radiator fans spun and cel flashed now neither of those happen
i hope my ecu is not completely fried but any ideas as to what went wrong thanks

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
car won't start after stage 2 flash
it said that it was successful and now it will turn over but not start
also when i plug in the test wires the first time the radiator fans spun and cel flashed now neither of those happen
i hope my ecu is not completely fried but any ideas as to what went wrong thanks
are the green diagnostic connectors disconnected now?

did you reset the ecu using ECUExplorer?

you can unplug the battery for a bit to reset the ecu as well. More than likely thats all you need to do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried un plugging battery didnt work and yes the connectors arent connected but what is ecu explorer? eveytime i try and use the ap there is a communication error

what are the signs of a fried ecu?

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
i tried un plugging battery didnt work and yes the connectors arent connected but what is ecu explorer? eveytime i try and use the ap there is a communication error

what are the signs of a fried ecu?
try reflashing the stock rom to it....

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Call Cobb.Maybe your battery voltage was to low.Try disconnecting the negative terminal again.Hold the brake pedal down for about 30 seconds then go back and reconnect the neg cable.If you have a battery charger i would slap that thing on while you try to read the ECU.You got a multimeter?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
When you say on do you mean the instriment panel test light are on. If so that is correct. I still say go to the Cobb site. Since they made it they are the ones to help. Just a thought, since you bought the car used are you sure that no one put any mods on the ecu ie: piggyback controller etc. This would cause problems. The Ap will power up with the key in acc position but will not talk to ECU. "sorry you are having problems" That unit worked very well for me and even though I sold it I had thought about keeping it for street tuner work. I'm hoping that Cobb comes out with it for the V2 soon. Bob

By the way, you can reset ECU with AP. Ecuexplorer is for self tuning. Also don't use power supply that came with AP when in car. That is for hooking it to your pc in the house.

·
Registered
905 Posts
was the upload interrupted, like unplugged or jostled while loading? ive never seen it happen first hand, but ive heard it can be bad news...

good luck bro, let us know if you get it figured out.

/subscribe.

·
Registered
437 Posts
+1 on calling Cobb. Give 'em a call and let us know the outcome. Good luck, man!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah looks liek i am skipping school tomorow and calling them i havew heard the it takes only 2 days to send them your ecu and have it back fixed and flashed by the cobb tuners just hope it does not cost too much and i know its not the ap baha beacuse it flashed successful but i think something may have been interrupted during the flash thanks for the replies

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have heard such good things abut cobb but i am pretty disappointed with them i mean they are nice but not very helpful i sent my ecu and ap to them and took them all day to call me back after they said they would twice so i ended up calling them a few times and finally found out my ecu is dead and there is nothing they can do and want 40$ to un marry from the dead ecu plus $ to ship it back without any explanation as to what went wrong with the "successful" flash, maybe i just had a bad expirience with cobb i dont know, so i am without a car for a while until i scrap up some money for the cheapest ecu i can find to get up and running again so if anyone knows where i can find an ecu for cheap please let me know

·
Registered
0 Posts
damb soory about ur ecu

·
Registered
437 Posts
:eek: That blows, man! :thumbdown

I'm not that familiar with the costs of ECU's, but if I were in your position I would start by checking some of your local junkyards. You never know.......good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
i have heard such good things abut cobb but i am pretty disappointed with them i mean they are nice but not very helpful i sent my ecu and ap to them and took them all day to call me back after they said they would twice so i ended up calling them a few times and finally found out my ecu is dead and there is nothing they can do and want 40$ to un marry from the dead ecu plus $ to ship it back without any explanation as to what went wrong with the "successful" flash, maybe i just had a bad expirience with cobb i dont know, so i am without a car for a while until i scrap up some money for the cheapest ecu i can find to get up and running again so if anyone knows where i can find an ecu for cheap please let me know
www.car-parts.com < cheap used ECU.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts