ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone else has this same thing happen to them. I am currently trying to figure out a misfire issue on my car where it throws a code but my car shows no signs of a misfire occuring and I have done plugs, coils, and ran injector cleaning through it, cleaning engine ground, cleaned crank position sensor and cleaned the maf. I will take my battery off and let the computer reset so after about 5 or 10 minutes. Then connect the battery and start the car, it can idle fine at first but the second I rev it or touch the throttle, it just drops down to 200 rpm or stalls out untill I reset it again and let it idle for 10 minutes, I am aware of the idle relearn but I have asked other ppl on instagram who own the same car and do not have this issue.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,288 Posts
What happens when you take a wire from the negative terminal and run it to the head, throttle body, IC, and opposite McPherson tower, connecting as many parts of the engine to earth as you safely can along the way?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im currently having the same issues on my 2012 and it happened again today. The codes were P0451 and P0050a, evap system and something to do with idle air control valve. I reset the ecu with the acessport and let it idle for a feew and then drove it but it still does not seem 100%. I just read through this thread that seems like it could be the issue as well, hopefully this week I can get to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well i just joined so i guess i cant link to posts on this forum yet but search the thread title “2013 WRX P0451 Code Evap Emission Control System”

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined because I have this same issue on my '14 WRX, although not as extreme of a low idle. I have been doing some research for the past few days and it seems like many people with this problem were diagnosed by Subaru as having a bad engine wiring harness. Apparently the position of a sensor near the turbo is susceptible to high temperatures and vibrations that can lead to excessive resistance. I can't post the link to the info because its my first post but try subaru. oemdtc .com /tag/p0451 with the spaces removed

I was hoping that it would be just a stuck EVAP valve but it seems that there was a design flaw in the factory harness for the 2012-14 WRX and Forester Turbo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just joined because I have this same issue on my '14 WRX, although not as extreme of a low idle. I have been doing some research for the past few days and it seems like many people with this problem were diagnosed by Subaru as having a bad engine wiring harness. Apparently the position of a sensor near the turbo is susceptible to high temperatures and vibrations that can lead to excessive resistance. I can't post the link to the info because its my first post but try subaru. oemdtc .com /tag/p0451 with the spaces removed

I was hoping that it would be just a stuck EVAP valve but it seems that there was a design flaw in the factory harness for the 2012-14 WRX and Forester Turbo.
Would this cause completely random misfires? My car throws a code every like 400 miles of driving just fine and then I will turn it on drive and it will misfire as it claims my car is but has no signs of one, no hesitation, no roughness, doesnt sound weird, no loss in power, it just throws the code and I cant figure it out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
charlie 1245
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing