Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I have a 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch Limited.

Recently the car started to dip below 500RPMs when I come to a full stop at traffic lights, then suddenly jumps back up to 1,200RPMs and levels itself at around 700-900RPM…

Today I started the vehicle (just fine) and then I started to drive and it choked and shut off not too long after. I started going downhill dead, then up a small hill losing constant power.

The vehicle is modified with a roof-top tent, 1.5” Lift Kit, wheels and tires — though these mods were done 6 months ago it has just now started to do this to the point where it’s sorta undriveable

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
228 Posts
My car did this exact thing this past Sunday. If you can, see what codes it might be throwing. Mine was P0172, P0101, P0301 and P0303.

After reading up on this issue and seeing how it can be a number of things, I decided to start with the easiest and swapped out the MAF with a used one I had laying around and reset the ECU. Thankfully all is well and the issue hasn’t returned.

Another common cause was Front O2 or FPR. Many also mentioned a boost or vacuum leak. I’d start with pulling codes and going from there. Hope you get it sorted out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car did this exact thing this past Sunday. If you can, see what codes it might be throwing. Mine was P0172, P0101, P0301 and P0303.

After reading up on this issue and seeing how it can be a number of things, I decided to start with the easiest and swapped out the MAF with a used one I had laying around and reset the ECU. Thankfully all is well and the issue hasn’t returned.

Another common cause was Front O2 or FPR. Many also mentioned a boost or vacuum leak. I’d start with pulling codes and going from there. Hope you get it sorted out.
Thank you, I initially check and cleaned the throttle body and it still happened. I’ll go ahead and check for a vaccum leak and see if this will help!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,804 Posts
Humor me and check voltage. Then check the fuel pressure regulator reference connection that is on the passenger side manifold just under the air intake (I think; my car is older and things move around...).

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
228 Posts
Thank you, I initially check and cleaned the throttle body and it still happened. I’ll go ahead and check for a vaccum leak and see if this will help!
My pleasure. I’d grab a can of CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner and clean your MAF too. Super easy to do. I’d also pull the negative battery terminal to reset the ECU. Clear up any bad learning due to a dirty MAF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts