ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for anyone who has recently sold their modified WRX to provide actual sales data to my insurance company. My 2012 Plasma Blue 5 door was totaled.

Mods included: Cobb Stage 2 (Dyno'd at 320 torque and 292 h.p.), Enkei RPF-1 wheels, RCE Tarmac 2's, Whiteline F/R 20 mm sway bars, endlinks, lower control arms.

I would have to believe it would sell for over book, and need a documented / actual sale to prove up the value.

TIA

·
Æternum
20,380 Posts
Cars with modifications are typically valued lower than stock examples.

This will probably not work to your advantage.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
To get anything out of it above stock value you would have had to have it insured and listed with all of the modifications. Some companies won't even allow this. If by chance they did you have to pay a fortune to insure the vehicle that way.

If they offered you book resale value after inspecting the vehicle post accident id run with it. Often times they can zing you for modifications to the stock vehicle.

Its also worth noting that if you didn't have gap insurance and had a long term loan on the vehicle there is a solid possibility that they will not cover the value of the loan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts