Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new issue came up this morning with my 06 wrx wagon. On startup this morning the car runs for a few seconds and immediately dies. The codes p2227(baro pressure sensor circuit range perf.),p2431(air pump airflow/pressure sensor circuit range/perf.), and p0244(boost limit exceeded) come up immediately when the car dies. I checked and cleaned the MAF sensor and the baro sensor (correct me if I'm wrong but the sensor on top of the secondary air pump valve) witch had a fair amount of water in the plug. I dried it with a hair dryer and still nothing. Also one thing to note, the secondary air pump went out about a year ago so I pulled the fuse so it wouldn't try to work. Anybody else have this problem???

·
Super Moderator
10,890 Posts
It's possible that the secondary air pump is the issue.

However, I've gotten some corny codes when the battery starts to go, have you checked it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's possible that the secondary air pump is the issue.

However, I've gotten some corny codes when the battery starts to go, have you checked it?
I tried to check the battery but for whatever reason my meter wont read ac or dc (yes I know how to use a multimeter lol) I'll check that when I get my hands on another unit. But as far as the air pump goes I wouldn't imagine it would be a factor since I've had it unplugged for over a year without issue? Wouldn't make since anyway...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Head over to Autozone, ect and have them test it; its free.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Head over to Autozone, ect and have them test it; its free.
The car wont run more than 3 seconds so that's not really an option. Plus their reader wouldn't tell me much more than my accessport I wouldn't imagine. Just seeing if anyone else has had similar issues before I spend hundreds in sensors hoping it'll work, or a shop...

·
Super Moderator
10,890 Posts
The car wont run more than 3 seconds so that's not really an option. Plus their reader wouldn't tell me much more than my accessport I wouldn't imagine. Just seeing if anyone else has had similar issues before I spend hundreds in sensors hoping it'll work, or a shop...
You know you can remove the battery from the car?

Other options include checking each sensor for the correct voltage drop across each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts