Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to get your guys feedback on a question that i've been thinking about for awhile.

What do you thinkg is the best Japanese made 0-60 and/or 1/4 mile car there is? I love the WRX, however, I know that it really wasn't built or designed for that type of racing. For a long time now I've thought that a 93-98 Supra would be the answer to my question. What do you think? All sugestions and comments welcome.

Also how do you think these cars would hold up against domestic V8s like Cobras and Firebirds?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll looks like the skyline is the answer. 7.671 @181.98mph :eek: . Now if only I had $60-80k to get one. By the way I hope no one takes offense to my comment about the WRX not being designed for the 1/4 mile. I know that there are many Subbies doing <11 sec 1/4s so its very strong in the 1/4.

Late

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trailboss any reason for the 94 over other years? Im not too familiar with the changes Toyota made to supra from year to year.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
tela_pan said:
Trailboss any reason for the 94 over other years? Im not too familiar with the changes Toyota made to supra from year to year.

Thanks
I like the way that year looks the best...and oh yeah...the twin turbos help :D

-Josh

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
And the car went on a huge dieting plan to reduce its curb weight from the MKIII Supra.

The 1996 Supra TT was automatic only.
The 1996 Supra Non-turbo got VVT-i

1 - 9 of 9 Posts