ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My car seems to pull harder at 75% throttle then at WOT.
I'm running the same amount of boost and my timing fuel and boost are all set the same on 70% to 100% on my utec.
Has any one else seen this problem.
Mods:
VF23 turbo,STI injectors,UTEC , up pipe downpipe catless, 255 walbro fuel pump. and still using the stock intercoller.
The car has been road tune to A/F around 11.0 to 1.

Any info would be wonderful
Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
i noticed the same thing in my uppiped 04, i think it has something to do with the efficency of the turbos and a leaner burn that is present when the engine is at that particular load site regaurdless of what your fuel settings are at

luke

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a way to fix this?
I was thinking about just putting a stopper on th egas pedal to keep the throttle at 75% :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
do you have an egt gauge? that would be the only way to ensure that would be safe.

cause i bet that they are peaking at max egt at that point, and using engine theory that should be the peak torque point.

luke

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
There is nothing wrong with your car or your map, most cars like this build boost and accelerate faster at partial throttle because the airflow is increased, but the injectors aren't dumping a ton of gas like they would be at WOT. Any car experiences this phenomenon, and unless you sit there tuning each load site above 70% throttle for hours and hours, you're not going to get rid of it. I recommend if you want to drive the fastest through the gears, learn how to balance partial => full throttle changes, because after you hit full boost around 4500 rpm full throttle will make you faster than partial, but below there, it won't.

Just a little driving/experimenting necessary,

~Tim

·
Registered
49 Posts
If your running the same boost between 75 and 100% TPS then you are in the same load zones of the UTEC. Remember the UTEC is MAP based past the crossover.

You need to tune your upper UTEC load zones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts