ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from NY and it was pretty cold last week. I didn't drive my STI for a few days and when i went to start it it was like the battery was dead. I jumped it and drove prob 10 miles and then let it sit another 25 min. Shut it off and tryed again with no prevail. I tryed a few times but heard a noise that sounded like my starter goin so i left it alone. I had a bunch of work to do to it today so i jumped it again and it started. Anyone have any idea what i should do from here besides try a new battery which i really don't wanna do cause i'm broke right now. I have a yellow optima battery if that matters.

·
Banned
83 Posts
I'm from NY and it was pretty cold last week. I didn't drive my STI for a few days and when i went to start it it was like the battery was dead. I jumped it and drove prob 10 miles and then let it sit another 25 min. Shut it off and tryed again with no prevail. I tryed a few times but heard a noise that sounded like my starter goin so i left it alone. I had a bunch of work to do to it today so i jumped it again and it started. Anyone have any idea what i should do from here besides try a new battery which i really don't wanna do cause i'm broke right now. I have a yellow optima battery if that matters.
1. How old is the battery?
2. If it is new, hit up autozone or a local parts store to get your battery and alternator tested.
3. Starting a frozen engine puts a lot of strain on batteries.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery is only 4 months old. I brought in 5 other old batteries i had plus 2 old alternators and basically traded all that for a new battery. With that and a new ground everything was fine.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
When you turn the key on, does everything power up? Do the headlights light up? What noise specifically do you hear when trying to turn my motor over, is it like a clicking with no turn over? More details...

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
If you have to jump it to start it, your battery isn't holding a charge. +1 on taking to where you bought it, there should be some type of warranty on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts