ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car & Driver -- 2009 WRX 17-HP & 21-lb/ft torque increase to the wheels for $322!?

Hi Everybody,

New here. Just picked up my '11 WRX limited two days ago. She's so sick.

I was doing a little modification research when I ran into this older Car & Driver article:

Five Steps to Making More Power in Your Subaru WRX - Gear Box - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver (2009).

The article makes some VERY bold statements, but Car & Driver is a VERY legit source; in particular: A K&N cold air filter yielded 17-HP & 21-lb/ft torque increase to the wheels with no tunning necessary! Too good to be true?

I talked to a Suby tech today at the shop who stated after market CAI ARE in compliance with the warranty as long as OE damage is not linked to the 3rd party equipment. It just seems too easy for $322.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm not planning on changing the stock intake. IMO, just go stage 1 ECU, then stage 2 with turboback exhaust when the warranty is up.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
Word is that independent Dyno tests have been showing legitimate power/torque increases from replacing the airbox on the new 2008+ WRX... 17 whp, I'm not sure I believe, however...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts