ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be deployed for 4 months in a couple weeks and just wanted any tips people might have for taking care of my car. GotWRX03 is going to look after it for me and drive it every couple weeks, and I'll do an oil change first thing when I get back, but the main problem is I don't have a garage to keep it in. I'll be keeping it on base, so I'm not worried about keeping it secure. I ordered a cover for it from 1stsubaruparts.com and people have told me that when it rains the cover could damage the paint. Any insight? Thanks!

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
1,908 Posts
well as far as the rain and the cover thing...i'm not exactly sure...I for one would not leave my car simply covered for any elongated period of time. However, unless it gets very windy in your area, you may want to consider erecting a canopy over your car in addition to the car cover. Perhaps bolt it to the ground so that you have a temporary garage or something?! I don't know how well your base will take that but its an idea I guess.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have my 04 rex outside with a car cover, and its sitting for about 6 months. It won't hurt your paint, but you might want to wax it before because the paint can fade through the cover. Also, make sure you get a cover that is not too thick and breatheable.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You want to rope down the cover so it won't flap in the wind. Blown grit will land on the cover and kind of work its way into the fibers. Still I think the cover is better than parking it in the sun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts