Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Post here some of your fav and hated vendors I'm compiling a list for reference.

Do your homework...
www.buy.com - electronics reviews
www.millionbuy.com - a great site to do some price comparison
www.carreview.com - reviews on anything from audio to performance parts

Favorites are...
www.abtelectronics.com - very reputable, huge selection
www.ikesound.com - very reputable, great deals, lightening fast shipping, excellent customer service
www.thezeb.com - will beat almost any price, fast shipping, great customer service
www.mmxpress.com - very reputable
www.sounddomain.com - great customer service, huge selection, good deals
www.crutchfield.com - excellent customer service but higher prices than most other places
www.b-quiet.com - cheaper and comparable to dynamat, fast shipping, great customer service
www.partsexpress.com - great service, fast
www.buyloud.com - fast shipping, huge selection
www.sounddomain.com - great service and reliability

Stay away from...
www.competitionsound.com - piss poor customer service, slow a$$ shipping, many complaints.
www.discountave.com - customer service sucks, poor communication
www.cyberautosound.com - poor service

·
Registered
6 Posts
...this site (by the man himself) provides line level adapters (w/o the 400% markup) for those of us keeping the subaru 6 disc indash cd player but need more of da juice (external amps.) I recommend the line level adapters that have an adjustible voltage out. 9 volt signal (the max.) will be the cleanest, but not all amps are rated for it. Clipping may occur at higher volumes.
Navone Engineering
Hope this helps

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stock headunit

The Stock 6 disc unit is a nice unit but for those who are into high end car audio line level adapters are not an option. the unit I replaced mine with is an Eclipse 5506 which has an 8 volt output @ 55 ohm impedance. I also have a 12 volt line driver(symbilink) setup to my Zapco amplifiers. I know some people don't really care about high end caraudio but for those who do this is the way to go :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm late, but www.etronics.com has great prices, pretty big selection, and doesn't f*** you on shipping like some of the websites with near wholesale prices. Great people to deal with too, and they have a lot more than just car audio.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi there old buddy. (GregFarz78)

I agree with your selections. I still have nto gotten those front speakers installed yet. Crazy but I need to figure out how to get or make spacers to do the job.

You never IM me anymore or talk to me. What is up with that?

I see you are still active on the WRX board. Funny since you don't even own a WRX but I guess that does not matter since stero stuff is generic.

How is the Nissan treating you? What is new?

Talk to me bro.

[email protected]

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have always used Crutchfield...I am sure there are better sites out there...But when simply buying a in dash unit, or speakers, they are the way to go for me. I have installed several stereos as well as speakers from Crutchfield in friend's vehicles and it is always easy...Why? Because 1) Crutchfield supplies the wiring harness which let you avoid butchering the oem wiring. 2) Crutchfield provides detailed instructions on removing trim panels, window cranks, etc. and 3) They don't rob you with shipping and handling costs. Their technicians are ok too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's what I love about crutchfield; I bought a pair of 6"x9" to 6.5" converter plates totalling $15 w/ shipping, and they'll give me all the support with any problems that I may have with any install at the drop of a hat. Plus the Mastersheets (I think that's what they're called) will be a cool extra for when I sell my car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
oh and gregfarz i'm right by ing of prussia too so you could check out tweeter and my friend did something crazy- he got some regular subs from sam ash for ina studio and did a custom mount in his car and they sound incredible

·
Registered
1 Posts
onlinecarstereo.com

I ordered a set of Diamond Audio Hex speakers from onlinecarstereo.com. My credit card was charged and I received an E-mail saying my order had shipped that same day. The order status listed the tracking number as 'not available yet'. I called to ask for the tracking number several times and ultimately, they could not provide one. I canceled the order and finally got a credit back on my credit card after 2 1/2 weeks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
wrxgc said:
what about tweeter..they're not bad..good selection
having worked for them for five years (but no longer), i'll back that statement - and i'll go further to say that they have some amazing custom installers. anyone who's interested in what can be done, PM me and i'll talk with you about getting hooked up with one of them. i'm in DE, right in the middle of tweeter's east coast region. let me know.

·
Registered
839 Posts
time to revise this list... SOund domain is listed twice. . .and Buyloud.com has been bought out or somesuch. . .

1 - 20 of 43 Posts