Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've been trying to get a hold of 1 quart of Subaru High Torque CVT transmission oil, but after taking to two soutj florida Subarus as well as WRXperts in Miami,. I'm out of luck. Does anyone have or know where i can get attain some so i don't have to spend $300+ on 5 gallons of that stuff? I need it so I can install my Mishimoto Transmission Cooler. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I might have to do that but I would prefer not to since I' got my car last October and in case anything happens down the line, I could just take out the mods and take it to the dealership without them knowing I change the trans fluid in it and them giving me gripe about it.

·
Village Idiot
2,450 Posts
Uhhh, Subaru dealerships sell the OEM trans fluid by the quart....

·
Village Idiot
2,450 Posts
I'l add that if they can't give you what Subaru put in it off the factory line, then all you CVT folk have an issue. I noticed that the CVT capacity is like 13.1 quarts. Keep that in mind when seeking to drain and replace the whole thing...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm speaking to someone who knows someone at SOA. He told me Subaru buys their trans oil from Idemitsu. I'm going to his shop to get a quart and verify its the case and if so I'll let you know.

·
Village Idiot
2,450 Posts
Well that's pretty crappy for you cvt guys. Although, for a full flush and refill it will require 3.5 gallons. Still doesnt justify how stupid that is. Looks like if you're going to do an oil cooler than you need to do a full fluid change as well. $$$

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking of buying a 5 gallon bucket myself and just selling off the rest off. Would you be interested?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts