ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have the defi bf boost and egt. which is best third guage? fuel/oil pressure or fuel/oil temp? temp guages seem to be cheaper :p which is slightly biasing my decision. maybe a 52mm wouldnt look too bad in my ati pod next to 2 defi bfs

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
Oil pressure. If you ever were to leak, or have a clogged sump, that would be a graet indicator. You already have water temp on the stock cluster. I have oil temp/press and boost. Need to add EGT and Air/fuel ratio. Oil temp is pretty useless, as I'm in LA. EGT and boost are definetely a good dcoice. IMO Oil pressure would be next, unless you can find a very good and ccurate air/fuel gauge if you plan on tuning yourself.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Since when is knowing when your oil is up to operating temperature useless? Water temp doesn't always indicate proper oil temp you know. M3s have oil temp indicators to let you know when it's safe to put the hammer down. I say get an oil temp and an oil pressure gauge.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would LOVe to put an oil pressure/temp. but i want to keep it 3 guages max (because the price is killing me!.) thanks for all your inputs though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I know when my oil is up to temp beause the pressure will drop a bit.

Cold oil = @60-70psi at idle
Warm oil = @28-30psi at idle

Running at about 2500-3000 it's @100psi cold and @82psi warm

No hammer till I see the right pressures. If that's all you're using oil temp for, then pressure can tell you that as well. If you're acually worried about overheating your oil somehow and don't think you'll notice the water temp going up as well.. then get oil temp. Though I'm not sure what would cause oil to overheat before you noticed the water temp rising.

·
Registered
45 Posts
how about the knock gauge that somebody posted. I want the 3pillar as well and they will be knock,trannytemp,egt.

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
I'm getting a wideband O2 one, as my fourth one. Had I known about that info in regards to pressure dropping corresponding to temp, I would've ditched the Oil temp. Besides, I'm in LA. They're like $300-400 but worth every penny. Much more accurate than Air fuel or EGT combined.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts