Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
In been looking and looking and I think I found it https://www.google.com/search?q=clu...&ved=0ahUKEwjol4md6tnbAhXnIjQIHT3OCgsQgjYIxgQ
has any one ever used this or heard of it. Also how do I tell the spec my WRX is there is 2 options on the web. There is a 2.5L 2457cc 150cu in. H4. Or a 2.5L 2458cc H4. I don't want to order the wrong part any help the be appreciated
Are you doing tons of drag launches or something? Puck clutches like That suck brutally to daily drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In been looking and looking and I think I found it https://www.google.com/search?q=clu...&ved=0ahUKEwjol4md6tnbAhXnIjQIHT3OCgsQgjYIxgQ
has any one ever used this or heard of it. Also how do I tell the spec my WRX is there is 2 options on the web. There is a 2.5L 2457cc 150cu in. H4. Or a 2.5L 2458cc H4. I don't want to order the wrong part any help the be appreciated
Are you doing tons of drag launches or something? Puck clutches like That suck brutally to daily drive.
no not realy I let the clutch hook up before I step on it 95% of the time and if I do launch it it's nothing to crazzy. I just want soothing that will last and trying to stay around 300$ or so. I have a clutch but I mite return it it's power toque what ever Orylies brand is.

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
no not realy I let the clutch hook up before I step on it 95% of the time and if I do launch it it's nothing to crazzy. I just want soothing that will last and trying to stay around 300$ or so. I have a clutch but I mite return it it's power toque what ever Orylies brand is.
You probably don’t want an eBay clutch

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You probably don’t want an eBay clutch
I know. every review I have read is good there is like 4 bad review s out of like 500

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
Your money. However a good quality clutch from comp clutch, act, south bend, exedy, and others may cost more but they last longer and will be more consistent.

You still need a new flywheel.

I can’t tell you how to spend your money but I can just say I would advise against it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your money. However a good quality clutch from comp clutch, act, south bend, exedy, and others may cost more but they last longer and will be more consistent.

You still need a new flywheel.

I can’t tell you how to spend your money but I can just say I would advise against it
I feel you I have herd bad things about act?

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
I’ve heard bad things about everything

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
It’s worth noting some cars have issues with lightened flywheels. Causes cam or crank position sensor problems.

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
You buy a clutch based on its ability to handle torque. You should buy the "weakest" clutch that will handle the power output your vehicle will be putting out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You buy a clutch based on its ability to handle torque. You should buy the "weakest" clutch that will handle the power output your vehicle will be putting out.
so the torque is 244.I should but one that can handle more that that?

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
That’s another one I’ve seen attributed to the lightened flywheel. Some people have the issues some don’t. The reason why is above my pay grade.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Should I not be getting a stage 2 clutch for a stock wrx? I don't drive it hard for the most part never launch it. I've been reading some post and it's kinda back and forth.

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
Should I not be getting a stage 2 clutch for a stock wrx? I don't drive it hard for the most part never launch it. I've been reading some post and it's kinda back and forth.
That question has been answered

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've driven cars with "stage 2" and fancier clutches. Compared to OE, they aren't fun to daily drive. Engagement is harsher and more abrupt with more shuddering. My 2017 WRX is equivalent to a "stage 2" level of mods and puts down 320WTQ and I'm using the stock clutch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's best to have the clutch be the weak point of the car as well. I think we'd all like to replace a clutch rather than a transmission. Not that you drive hard enough or have a ton of power to wreck things, but that's something to keep in mind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts