ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a new up/down pipe yesterday and now I get 20+psi. I closed the ABC for my UTEC and set the CLB settings down to 100 and still get this high boost. Double checked to make usre I was in CLB mode. Changed over to the stock map and have the same result. I checked all the vacuum hoses and they seem fine. I took the BCS out of the loop and connected a hose directly from the actuator to the tap on the turbo outlet. If Im understand how the actuator works correctly, that should have given me a really low boost, depending on how strong the spring in the actuator is. Anybody have ideas for me?? Stock turbo, mods are full turbo back and uppipe.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Odd...

Im not familar with the UTEC but does it have a stock mode u can revewrt to just to see if its the utec messing the psi up?:confused1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I finally figured it out. I had to have a machine shop true the flange on my Perrin DP cause it was so warped that it wouldnt seal. The machine shop said it was out by almost .1". When they welded the dividing wall back on it was a little bit out of alignment and was holding the wastgate flapper closed. Bent the wall out of the way and it works fine now. Thanks for the suggestion though Jack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts