ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at wits end. We've tried and tried to figure it out. It only has 14,500 miles. Currently Stage 2 with an OTS map. I took my car to a tuner to get tuned. He set it up for dyno, updated the accesport, and tried to flash a tune on it.... bricked ecu. Car WAS HOOKED up to charger, No subs, no electronic drag that I know of. A service tech at Subaru came with his computer and he couldnt communicate with the ECU. We tried another ECU, same issue. The only way we got it to tune is by taking out MY ECU and MY AP and putting it into a donor STI. It tuned instantly. So that rules out the AP and ECU being the issue. There is something preventing it from tuning on my car specifically. Help a brother out! It was working fine when I had the stage 1 tune but ever since the downpipe, everything went to shit!

Things Ive done,
-Back tracked what I did when installing downpipe
-ALL FUSES have been checked and are in working order.
-SENT Ecu and AP to Cobb to verify it was it worked correctly
-Ive checked the OBD port and it seems okay!
-I checked behind dash near fuses for cut or frayed wires
-Checked some grounds

·
11,226 Posts
The only problem could be the wiring harness or the tuning shop fried your ECU and is covering it up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean the gigatic bulkhead harnes? I cant find the issue. That is a massive job to replace. The ECU worked fine in another car tho. I can still drive around because he put an OTS map on it. But its not optimal and it drives me nuts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can check. I just dont see how that would go back with such low mileage

·
11,226 Posts
It's the only thing i can figure out. It's the only variable I can think of between your car and a different one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you happen to know if the flashing data runs from the obd into ANYTHING before getting to the ECU?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know if the flashing data has to hit a relay before getting to the ecu? I cannot find a single with thats messed up. The fuses are fine.

·
11,226 Posts
Follow the harness.

Either the obd2 port is bad, wiring is shot, or the tuner bricked your ECU and won't fess up. Cobb tested the ecu and said no issues. So trace the wires. You can Google the factory service manual that has all of the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have spent 6 hours tracing wires. This freaking blows. OBD looks ok, tested with meter

·
11,226 Posts
Ok, so let's recap what we know.

Plugged into a different harness it works flawlessly. Plugged in to your harness the accessport doesn't work at all? Does a normal scan tool?

Cobb says AP and ecu good to go.

Everything checks good wiring wise.

Did you check the port on the car to make sure a wire didn't push out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When my AP is connected it works just fine. It monitors all the gauges etc. ONLY during tuning will it lose communication and stop.

-Plugged ECU&AP into donor sti, works & tunes
- Cobb checked off AP and ECU
-Wires are okay

If you mean the OBD wires, yeah that was one of the first things we checked along with the actual pin slots

1 - 12 of 12 Posts