ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I know a lot of people aren鈥檛 fond of drilling into the bumpers or putting canards in general, but will you get rust from drilling into the bumper? Asking for a friend...馃憖

Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
The bumper is fibreglass so it won't rust. If you don't hit any metal underneath there is no danger of rust certainly so no worries there. Instead of canards though why not suggest to your friend to put on one of those boot cleaner brushes? That's more practical.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The bumper is fibreglass so it won't rust. If you don't hit any metal underneath there is no danger of rust certainly so no worries there. Instead of canards though why not suggest to your friend to put on one of those boot cleaner brushes? That's more practical.
I appreciate the feedback! And idk if I鈥檓 getting your joke, if it鈥檚 even a joke 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a really cool model with a nice rhino badge too. One on either side of the bumper right where canards could go would make dirty boots a thing of the past.

https://www.amazon.com/Rhino-Bilt-Scraper-Original-Scrapers/dp/B015GCD4ZE/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=boot+brush&qid=1551593089&s=gateway&sr=8-6
Well in that case, he only uses slippers to drive his Subaru so will the boot cleaner really be effective in this case? Lol
What kind of slippers? Loafers? Because I'll be honest: I've got these in black leather and they are amazingly comfortable! They really are.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/shoes/loafers-slip-ons/verona-ii-italian-loafer/SF40002.html
For starters, those loafers are pretty effin fancy. He wears old hollister flip flops. And honestly, the boot cleaners aren鈥檛 a bad idea. One for the driver and one for the passenger. Never have dirty muddy floor mats again 馃

Thanks! They鈥檙e really comfy! I was amazed.

Yup no more muddy floor mats. Plus, one issue with doorside boot brushes is everybody forgets to clean them. With bumper mounted boot cleaners every time you go through a car was BAAAMM! They鈥檙e clean!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! They鈥檙e really comfy! I was amazed.

Yup no more muddy floor mats. Plus, one issue with doorside boot brushes is everybody forgets to clean them. With bumper mounted boot cleaners every time you go through a car was BAAAMM! They鈥檙e clean!
Dude...patent this ****. Get partnered w chemical guys 馃憤馃徑馃憤馃徑

Master linguitist
Wow. This is the most unfriendly forum I've ever been on.

One thing is true, SD_GR. Your opinions certainly "are inherently worthless."
You are on a roll of being offended today. I guess you are still mad that people with more knowledge and experience get more respect?

Or do you have absolutely no sense of humor?

Registered
You are on a roll of being offended today. I guess you are still mad that people with more knowledge and experience get more respect?

Or do you have absolutely no sense of humor?
Wow, bait much? I'll bite...

I'm the first to admit that people know more than I do on a variety of things. And, more importantly, on topics I am knowledgeable about I don't belittle others in a feeble attempt to compensate for my inadequacies. I'm very anti- (self-proclaimed, intellectual) narcissism.

You, at least, need to seriously work on your moderator skills. Antagonizing anyone and everyone, outside your clique, that you disagree with is childish. As a moderator, I'd expect more from myself.

Registered
....Or do you have absolutely no sense of humor?
Sense of humor? Insulting new members, or a question they have, is somehow humorous? There are better ways to pass on your knowledge to others, if that's even what your intention is. Or is this how you and other moderators screen new members?

ChristopherWRX: You seem to have taken offense at a remark I made in someone else鈥檚 thread, to someone else. This is merely an observation on my part, because I鈥檝e no clear path to do, well... anything.

Everyone is of course free to point out any instances where I have upset them and discuss them with me. I鈥檓 glad to do so. I admit there does not seem to be in my mind a course of action when a third party is advocating I do something. In this case and as far as I can sort out, you鈥檙e advocating that I am rude to new members.

I suspect OP has a clear indication the bumper cover cannot rust. In addition OP has a solid recommendation on decent footwear; moreover OP and I have developed a preliminary plan to protect the intellectual property generated by the invention discussed.

I hope OP enjoyed the thread as I did, because I had a laugh and found the interaction quite pleasant. Looking back at the thread, the term "lol" is what gave me this impression.

EDIT: OK I thought about it more and there are several things you can do. The simplest is to downvote me. You can click "negative" and that'll count as a downvote. Down and up votes are weighted but you have numerous posts and with any luck more members will see this and they might downvote me too. This will reduce my feedback "status" thing (the green/grey/red squares). You can also report me -- in which case I will not be involved in any resolution.

Water.....sometimes waves
The simplest is to downvote me. You can click "negative" and that'll count as a downvote. Down and up votes are weighted but you have numerous posts and with any luck more members will see this and they might downvote me too. This will reduce my feedback "status" thing (the green/grey/red squares)...
Wow, you are brave. I would hate to lose my green square........

Wow, you are brave. I would hate to lose my green square........
With comfortable loafers, challenges seem smaller.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts