Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying an STI from a Canadian dealer. Does anyone know if the Canadian warranty is the same as the US warranty and if it would be fully honored by a US dealer? Also, does anyone know the specifics of the differences between the US and Canadian versions of the STI?

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i went to hamilton dealership the other day and he said no driver adjustable centre differential is not avaliable on Canadian STi.
and they're not sure about the coloring or options... they had almost nil specification on STi... they even showed me the pic of MY98 WRX's fog lamp and told me that those pics are from the up comming STi... and they also said if i put CAD$1000 deposit, she will get me the first white STi in canada.

btw, i drove a 2003 tiburon to the dealership (i'm still pending on new STi or WRX) and it was really scary to drive in snow... reving more than 2500rpm in first 3 gears => immediate wheel spin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just went to the Hamilton dealership today, and the salesman had absolutely no information for me on the sti or the 2004 wrx. He just told me to go to the auto show in Toronto, which I was planning on doing anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing the redesign in person, I cant figure out if I wanna wait for the 2004, or just get the 2003 wrx.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Canadian STi press release

Looks like we get the DCCD after all!

http://www.wrx-sti.ca/

heres press release page from

http://www.subaru.ca/

SUBARU UNVEILS THE ALL-NEW 2004 IMPREZA WRX STi

TORONTO, February 12, 2003 – Subaru today introduced Canadians to the 2004 Impreza WRX STi, an ultra high-performance All-Wheel Drive sedan, at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto. Based on the critically acclaimed Subaru Impreza WRX, Impreza WRX STi is completely re-engineered to provide world class sports car levels of acceleration, handling and braking performance. The new performance flagship of the Subaru line, Impreza WRX STi is the most powerful Subaru ever offered in North America.

The 2.5-litre powerplant fitted exclusively for the North American market is also the largest displacement engine ever installed in any of Subaru’s STi-badged vehicles which, until now, were only available in selected world markets.

“The outstanding success of the performance-oriented Impreza WRX encouraged us to bring the Impreza WRX STi to Canada,” said Norio Osakabe, chairman, president and CEO of Subaru Canada, Inc. “Drawing on motorsports technology gained directly from Subaru expertise and success in World Rally Championship competition, the Impreza WRX STi is created specifically for the serious driving enthusiast.”

Impreza WRX STi is powered by a turbocharged and intercooled 2.5-litre DOHC boxer engine producing 300 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 300 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm, and teamed exclusively with a 6-speed manual transmission. Power is transferred to all four wheels via a sophisticated Subaru All-Wheel Drive system designed to optimize performance in all conditions. This unique drivetrain also provides outstanding torque characteristics at both low and high rpm, taking the STi from 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds.

Introducing Subaru Tecnica International
Subaru Tecnica International (STI) is the high performance and motorsports subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. Subaru, which offers the only exclusively All-Wheel Drive line of passenger cars and crossover-type vehicles in North America, has proved the performance and durability of its All-Wheel Drive technology in World Rally Championship competition since 1989.

Rally Tested, Road Ready
The Impreza WRX STi reflects the redesigned styling of the entire 2004 Impreza line. The expressive new design is the result of close consultation with STI engineers and the Subaru World Rally Team to improve air resistance, optimize lift force balance, maximize engine cooling and provide a bolder, more dynamic appearance.

The enlarged scoop in the aluminum hood feeds outside air to an intercooler that is significantly larger than that found on the Impreza WRX. A completely functional dual element rear spoiler reduces lift and improves stability at high speed. Airflow is also managed via corner spoilers on the front bumper and STi side ground effects. The front fascia features four halogen headlamps and distinctive STi fog light insert covers. Large diameter Brembo® brakes are clearly visible between the spokes of the 17-inch lightweight forged aluminum-alloy BBS® wheels.

The 2.5-litre horizontally opposed ("boxer") four-cylinder engine is based on a specially reinforced "semi-closed deck" engine block with rigid cast aluminum alloy pistons, forged high-carbon steel connecting rods and sodium-filled exhaust valves. This advanced powerplant incorporates Subaru AVCS (Active Valve Control System) variable valve timing technology to optimize the engine’s volumetric efficiency throughout the rev band. It is the first application of this technology on a Subaru in North America. The large capacity intercooler includes a manually operated water spray feature to provide additional cooling in warm weather.

Driver-Adjustable All-Wheel Drive
Impreza WRX STi is equipped with the brand’s most performance-oriented All-Wheel Drive system with DCCD (Driver Control Centre Differential). When in automatic mode, the computer varies the front/rear torque split automatically according to driving conditions and driver input.

In manual mode, the DCCD system allows the driver to vary the front-to-rear torque distribution for different driving conditions. Using a small control wheel on the car’s centre console, the driver can set the system to transfer as much as 65 per cent of available torque to the rear wheels to increase handling agility.

Standard safety features include front seat head/chest side impact air bags, dual front airbags and 3-point seatbelts. Front seat belts include electrically triggered pre-tensioners and force limiters. All 2004 Impreza models have collapsible pedal controls that "break away" during a frontal impact to help reduce foot injuries.

For additional information about Subaru Impreza WRX STi visit the new Subaru STi Web Site at www.wrx-sti.ca.

Subaru Canada, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of approximately 100 franchised dealers across Canada.

·
Registered
141 Posts
as far as i know the main differences between the USDM and the Canadian
impreza wrx sti are:

in addition to the USDM us Canadians get:

heated drivers seat

but we don't get HID because of daytime running lights...

pretty sure those are the only differences...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Imitryx said:
as far as i know the main differences between the USDM and the Canadian
impreza wrx sti are:

in addition to the USDM us Canadians get:

heated drivers seat

but we don't get HID because of daytime running lights...

pretty sure those are the only differences...
Heated seat is a must in the winter. mmmmm warm buttox lol.

That's a load of crap on the HID..... How does BMW get away with it? BTW you don't use your HID for DRL anyhow.

What are they thinking??:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Imitryx said:
wow, someone else from barrie on clubwrx.net!!
Sweet. Do you own a wrx? (EDIT: Nevermind i looked at your profile) Or are you waiting on an STi?

I'm making an appt this saturday to talk with the sales manager at the barrie subaru dealership.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i bought my wrx from barrie subaru, they will treat you right there...

if you want me to take you for a spin in my car sometime just let me know..

jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts