ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay this might sound weird but a friend of mine bought a 04 s2000 and broke it in nicely. After the break in his been driving it very aggresively and he says it will not chirp. His tried it over and over again and he says it just wont chirp at any rpm's...does this sound right?? anyone had any expirience with a s2000 before??

for some background...he drove a civic hatch with a gsr hatch before ..and also a honda del sol with h22 swap and had no problems chirping..hell he can chirp a hyundai accent..i mean...any car is chirpable unless its some 50's bug with 26 hp or something
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,991 Posts
Chirp? As in getting on the gas after shifting into 2nd gear? An S2K should be able to, but what do I know. I could get my tires to chirp going into 3rd gear in my old lightly modded Integra. Give it more gas, I'd say. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hellafastWRX said:
Does the S2k have traction control, and if it does, is it turned off?
honestly i dont know...hmm maybe it does..his a honda guy and its his dream car so i think if it had traction control he'd know about it..but i'm not 100 percent sure




SubaruWRX2k4 said:
S2000 is RWD isn't it?

Should be easy to chirp if you ask me. Hmmm
yes it is rwd...that's exactly what i was thinking



btw guys..very quick responses thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Integra96 said:
Chirp? As in getting on the gas after shifting into 2nd gear? An S2K should be able to, but what do I know. I could get my tires to chirp going into 3rd gear in my old lightly modded Integra. Give it more gas, I'd say. :)
yeah exactly..like i said..he even chrped with his elantra..idk its weird..that's why i asked..i remember someones brother on the forum had a s2000 i was hoping he would see this..but i dont remember who it was..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Ability to chirp is one of two things -

In a shiatty car - shiatty hard tires will chirp easily

In a "performance" car the power/friction ratio favors the power side.

In all likelyhood he still has all the power but he has worn in the tires to their max softness so all the power is goin g to the road. THis is a good thing !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
It's all about the tires. The S2000 probably has grippier tires than the other cars mentioned. Just about any car can chirp on crappy Barney Rubble all-seasons. It has little to do with HP. I used to chirp from 1st to 2nd when I had all-season rocks on my Miata. It's stock, and in it's current state of tune I'd be surprised if the RWHP is in triple digits.

edit: started the post before I read the one above
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah you guys are right..maybe it has great tires

and dtr rex....rwd cars lose more power to wheels than fwd car if the engine is up front..which with most cars..that is the case
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,599 Posts
AwdTurboWrx said:
and dtr rex....rwd cars lose more power to wheels than fwd car if the engine is up front..which with most cars..that is the case
This is true.

DTR rex said:
not necessarily. A RWD car gets more whp than a FWD car. If you are RWD you are not experiencing as much drivetrain loss as a FWD car. also, the rear of the car is going to be lighter usually, so that is going to allow for the tires to spin easier.
The rear of the car is lighter, but when you are accellerating, the weight of the car shifts towards the rear wheels, allowing it to get better traction that a front wheel drive car, where the weight transfers away from the wheels that need it for traction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,068 Posts
zoophagy said:
This is true.



The rear of the car is lighter, but when you are accellerating, the weight of the car shifts towards the rear wheels, allowing it to get better traction that a front wheel drive car, where the weight transfers away from the wheels that need it for traction.
but if the weight transfers to the back from the acceleration, that means nothing then right? because the reason you are spinning your tires is because you cant get any traction to actually accelerate.... so wouldnt the weight transfer take place after the initial spinning of tires and once traction has been gotten?

and also, when you chirp, you have engaged the clutch and no no longer accelerating... you are carrying a velocity, but not acceleration because the clutch is in. then you hit the gas again, while your spinning, there still is no weight transfer, because there is still no acceleration. once traction is gained and the "chirp" is over, then you start accelerating, hence, then the weight transfer take place.... right?
:confused:



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zoophagy said:
This is true.



The rear of the car is lighter, but when you are accellerating, the weight of the car shifts towards the rear wheels, allowing it to get better traction that a front wheel drive car, where the weight transfers away from the wheels that need it for traction.
imma hijack my own thread...

zoophagy any mods yet on your beast??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
AwdTurboWrx said:
any car is chirpable unless its some 50's bug with 26 hp or something
that statement is a bunch of bull, in my 64 with about 70 HP at the motor i could chirp all day, not going very fast but its not hard

LOL
-nate

p.s my buddy has an 02 SK2 and he has no problem chirping 2nd and 3rd........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,991 Posts
I can chirp my left shoe if I launch hard enough from a dig. The tread is wearing away on my Vans, though. Still, this is manageable with the 0.34hp (at the foot) that I can generate. From a roll on, I need to switch to the indoor meats (socks) or be drunk to chirp 'em at speed. Your friend must be a puss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,599 Posts
DTR rex said:
but if the weight transfers to the back from the acceleration, that means nothing then right? because the reason you are spinning your tires is because you cant get any traction to actually accelerate.... so wouldnt the weight transfer take place after the initial spinning of tires and once traction has been gotten?

and also, when you chirp, you have engaged the clutch and no no longer accelerating... you are carrying a velocity, but not acceleration because the clutch is in. then you hit the gas again, while your spinning, there still is no weight transfer, because there is still no acceleration. once traction is gained and the "chirp" is over, then you start accelerating, hence, then the weight transfer take place.... right?
:confused:
I thought by "chirping" the tires he meant spinning them while changing gears. If this is the case, weight transfer would definitely take place, because to the best of my knowledge, how it works is that the tires chirp when you release the clutch in the next gear, which means accelleration is takeing place. I don't think the tires would "chirp" when you put in the clutch. This doesn't make any sense, because there is no power being delivered to them.

Of course, I have no real background in physics, though, so I don't know. You could be right.

AwdTurboWrx said:
imma hijack my own thread...

zoophagy any mods yet on your beast??
As of this moment, I only have one lowly mod: a Granatelli airbox lid. However, tomorrow my true dual exhaust and long tube headers are going in (they were supposed to go in Friday, but things came up).

Next up:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78420

I am hoping for 400rwhp after a tune. Just in time for winter.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top