Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best way to launch your rex is to sit there on about 3000rpm so the turbo is on line right??

Everytime i try this i embarrass myself really badly. If i have my boost up (around 15-16psi), it hits redline so fast, i crap myself, throw it into second, the revs are sitting so high its not pulling!

My man beat me in his new VX SS Commodore (5.7l V8 if your not sure) because he doesn't have to change into 2nd till 80klms! If you hit it without the revs up, it bogs down so badly!

How do you get your Rex moving??:confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
i think you slip the clutch out. hold it at 3K before this and as your letting it out, floor it to build up boost and then slip the clutch and let it go. but i dont know a whole lot. just what i have been hearing

·
Registered
41 Posts
The only way to really learn is to practice.

i rev it around 3.5-4krpms. and when i see the tree go down, right at the reaction moment, i floor it while holding the clutch and let it slip as i'm gassing it to 5krpms. Although this does kill your clutch, i'd rather let my clutch absorb the shock than my tranny.

--RaCinWRX

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
IT's not too hard after a few practice, slip your clutch between 3000-5000 rpm and dont' be scared. You're probably not going to get a great launch the first couple of times but you'll get better over time. And after a while you'll learn how not to burn your clutch when you do this. Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Go to drag racing I posted somrthing similar to this.

·
2,210 Posts
You will bog at three. 4k is your number. Works for me anyway..

You'll know when you get it right: You car will leap from the line like a rabid greyhound, and your head will try to seperate from your shoulders.

-Pace

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bet Dan does ya!!! Damn i have NEVER been in a car that runs faster then a 14.8 ISNT THAT PATHETIC!!!! YA!!!! Im still young so there is lots of time left hehe. I really cant IMAGINE what it is like to go 100mph in like 13 seconds.

:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yup what they said. 4k and slip the clutch. It sure is fun to spin my 18s. hehe

·
Registered
19 Posts
dark_rex said:
i can't break my 17's loose. z rated tires the culprit?

dR
You need more boost. :D Before I put my MBC on I couldn't break it lose. Now I can spin them pretty easy. I have Toyo T-1S tires on an 18X8 rim.

·
Registered
109 Posts
18's!

can you post a picture of your car with 18's. if you have one, post a picture of it standing back, i wanted to see the overall look from a short distance. thanks.

sg

·
Registered
150 Posts
I find that when i rev to around 4500 and slip the clutch the car grabs like a rabid chihuahua and slings me forward with the ferocity of a scared taliban fighter! :D

i need a HANS device! lol

anyways, that's what i do and it seems to work ok. I practice a lights (usually against some old grandma in a buick) hehehe

i win everytime!! :p :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: 18's!

gifty74 said:
can you post a picture of your car with 18's. if you have one, post a picture of it standing back, i wanted to see the overall look from a short distance. thanks.

sg
This is a bad pic. I don't have any new ones since I lowered it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
here is one more. I hope to get some good pics of it lowered.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I listen.... that's all I do. Most of the times I tried to look at how many rpms my engine is, I usually messed up, can't concentrate. So the more you drive your WRX, the more you listen to it and the more you learn how it behaves. My advice: turn off the radio for a couple of months. Get use to know where the biting point is on the clutch. And believe it or not, do some granny shifting to feel better how your clutch is for a while. Then unleash hell.
So yes, I slip and drop. Probably like many other owners. Sometimes, I slip the clutch a little bit too long and it stinks. Doesn't bog though. Sometimes it just dies right there because I dropped it too soon. Pratice, pratice and yeah, practice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, WRXED 1. You've just got to practice. You sound like your on the right track. You man probably just beat you in the V8 because you were trying to hard to win.

You need to relax and feel the car, hit that sweet spot and your away. Don't let the one your racing make you nervous. Just feel the car.

I find the quicker and smoother you can get the clutch out, the faster she will move, if you have ti right revs. I try around 3500.

GOOD LUCK!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts