ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure people will think I'm from another planet but. Need I'm new to this and I need to learn somehow right?

First off can someone explain in lamen terms what exactly does a stage 123 etc consist of?

Secondly I'm trying to fully grasp what tuning or remapping or whatever the million different terms consists of. How do you know what tune to get how do you physically install the tune and so forth. Cn someone please explain very simply for me? I hav my own interpretations but Im really hoping for some one to reexplain to make sure I properly grasp everything.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Every company markets "stages" differently. As a general rule, people go by Cobb's standards...

StageI: ECU reflash
StageII: Turboback + ECU reflash (+ uppipe on the 2.0L)

There is no general StageIII (everyone has a different definition).

As for "how to" tune the car, it varies based on medium. There is reflash (e.g., Cobb AP, OpenECU, Ecutek), piggyback (e.g., TurboXS UTEC), and standalone (e.g., AEM, Hydra, Vipec, etc.). There's also hybrid EM solutions (e.g., reflash/UTEC), which are extremely powerful, and a great alternative to standalones.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
What is the difference between the piggy back and the reflash?
Reflash has complete control over the ECU, while piggyback takes over at a certain point (in terms of the TurboXS UTEC, usually a throttle position).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Piggy back I imagine you buy preset according to what mods you have maybe? And how do you reflash? And what is the standalone

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts