Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got faction fab FL spec coils to go super low and when installing my right axle popped out and I pushed it back in damaging and ultimately had to end up replacing it.. if I keep it that low will I run into axle issues or is there a height that’s recommended

·
Super Moderator
11,717 Posts
Depends on how low, typically higher angles cause damage. Hard to imagine doing more damage than the cheap suspension you put on it has already done.

·
Æternum
16,073 Posts
Not to mention the poor camber-curve characteristics IF OP didn't install a roll-center correction kit.

But we are talking about bargain-basement coilovers here. The only technical concept in the mind of buyers at this price range is "mOaR lOw = G00D" 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
29 Posts
No need to rag on and insult the guy for Christ's sake. Forums are supposed to be for helping each other out. People make mistakes, it happens.

To reiterate, look into a roll center correction kit. I have also heard of lowered WRXs having issues with the front axles running into frame rails, when lowered substantially, so might want to take a peak underneath and look for any signs of that, like a notch in the axle and/or frame above the axle.

As I just recently learned, make sure you get alignment done when you change the ride height and at least talk to your mechanic about corner balancing. I've been told that isn't super important if you aren't tracking/racing but I am no expert. For now, probably best to raise the car back up to a reasonable height, get an alignment, and from there just drive carefully and do more research. Sounds like the coilovers are pretty cheap so it might be worth going back to stock height while you find a better option. A lot more goes into lower cars than just springs/dampeners/etc. which just becomes more and more true the lower you get.

Look into coilovers vs springs and consider what you actually need, then consider dumping the low quality coilovers and getting some good quality lowering springs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.