ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Perrin DP and wanted to retain the 3rd cat after the downpipe. Does anyone know if these will bolt up without modifications? I really dont want to tear it apart and find out they wont work.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i'd like to know the answer also... and would this increase flow enough to run stage 2 cobb map or would you stick with stage 1?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
If it has the 1/2 inch flat flange it will, there will be a small exhaust leak but it will fit. You will just not reuse the donut gasket. The same thing happened with my DP from invidia.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would rather not have it leak at all. Can anyone else confirm if any modification needs done for this to work? What alternatives do I have besides running without a cat? Are there any hi-flow cats on the market reasonably priced? Everyone that I saw were pretty ridiculous. I plan on running a Cobb cat-back exhaust but couldn't make myself spend that much on their catted dp.

One last question, will I need to run any kind of transistor on the oxygen sensor so I don't get a CEL?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm still a semi-noob with the WRX. I'm a former owner of a Neon R/T(no seriously, it was fun car) that was moderately modified, so I do know a little about cars. Just not the AWD boosted boxer variety. Thanks for your help!

Kevin
02 WRB Bugeye

·
Registered
842 Posts
Which Cobb OTS map would someone recomend running with this set up. It seems like its sort of between Stage 1 and Stage 2. Would flow inrease enough even with the stock cat for Stage 2. Seems like a protune would be the only way to go about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts