ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 sti with invidia catless down pipe and cat back g200 but its too loud and im wondering if i can put the stock axleback from 2006 sti on with stage 2???? not worried about fitment im worried about running stage two with stock axleback... has anyone done anything similar??:confused:

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
You need to get a reducer to go from the 3" DP to your 2.5" stock catback, but otherwise it's fine. Some people even run without the reducer, but then you've got a good chance of exhaust leaks.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,508 Posts
The stock catback even looks great. It's the least likely to attract attention or get damaged by scraping etc. I think it's actually a good choice.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
You need to get a reducer to go from the 3" DP to your 2.5" stock catback, but otherwise it's fine. Some people even run without the reducer, but then you've got a good chance of exhaust leaks.
running the invidia catted dp with a spt cbe exhaust, I just double gasketed the flange meeting from dp to cbe and no leaks to speak of.

Running the adapter as ^ Mr. Jones suggests IS the best way though if you're in a pinch you can just run two gaskets. The invidia dp has a really nice healthy end flange so you can tighten the bolts down pretty snug without worry of distorting the flanges and getting leaks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys so much I have gotten the axle back rewelded to fit the invidia mid pipe so I can take the axleback on and off for the track but I will be running stock axleback for dailydriver and invidia for track purposes. Also wondering if I buy the stp gt3076r bolt on turbo kit for stock location, will I be able to install it by my self or will I have to take it to a
shop.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Thank you guys so much I have gotten the axle back rewelded to fit the invidia mid pipe so I can take the axleback on and off for the track but I will be running stock axleback for dailydriver and invidia for track purposes. Also wondering if I buy the stp gt3076r bolt on turbo kit for stock location, will I be able to install it by my self or will I have to take it to a
shop.
This completely depends on your mechanical abilities. You do know that swap requires a LOT of other modifications to work right? Injectors, fuel pump, intercooler and while your at it potentially some port and polish work all with a new tune.

And your motor is going to struggle to maintain 500hp. Your looking at many thousands of dollars to get that done properly

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
shop.
Do you mean ATP?

What kind of power are you aiming for? Thats a pretty decent size turbocharger and there are other supporting modifications I would recommend if you're seriously looking to do this. Also are you building the motor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts