ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
The Sti looks a little sill with no wing and the huge scoop inho. Once you go FMIC and get a drop in replacement for the scoop like the evo it looks damn slick. Myabe a wrx spoiler would look ok with the STi scoop but until I get a FMIC and a green Im gonna stick with the wing.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
the 05 its can be a option i believe.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Something tells me Subaru wants the car to be visible from a distance. Without the wing, they lose their advertising value of having a blatantly obvious halo car running around in public. I don't know their books, but it wouldn't surprise me if this car was cheaper due to the wing, strictly from a value to Subaru of advertising point of view.

So would you still want it without the wing if it made the price jump by $1000-$5000?

·
Registered
1 Posts
other wing options?

My wife hates the wing and won't let me buy an STI (for that reason mostly). And I also think the car would look bad and unbalanced without a spoiler of some kind. Can I put another spoiler into the holes of the STI? Would the regular WRX wing cover up the holes? Any other more subtle wings you could recommend?

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re: other wing options?

youngjun91 said:
My wife hates the wing and won't let me buy an STI (for that reason mostly). And I also think the car would look bad and unbalanced without a spoiler of some kind. Can I put another spoiler into the holes of the STI? Would the regular WRX wing cover up the holes? Any other more subtle wings you could recommend?

Thanks
It is a 10 minute swap with a WRX. I did mine a few weeks ago and I like it much better. I do have the WRX trunk with spoiler. Spoilerless with the scoop looks too strange for me.

I have pictures on my website...the link is in my signature.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I hate my wing. blocks the rear view. makes the rear view mirror almost useless. Want to find out where my old 04 rex was sold so I can ask the guy for a trunk swap. The low wing was way way better!!! But may make my car look plain.:confused1

·
Registered
188 Posts
they should make in an option...the big wing is an option for the EVO..why not US.

they get there choice of the Big Wing...or the wing off an OZ

·
6,298 Posts
Every dealer I've spoken to has said that they would be more than happy to swap a WRX trunk/wing combo for the STi trunk/wing at the purchasers request. Makes sense, as the STi wing is a bit more expensive.

I like the recognition of the STi wing, and then again, I hate the recognition of the rear wing. At 42 years old, I guess it's due to my age more than anything. I'm pretty sure the eventually, after a FMIC install, I'll be going all smooth...both hood and trunk. Maybe even debaged. That is, if I keep it long enough. The skyline is coming up soon, and that will be hard to ignore.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have seen a wingless STi......and man, i think they look BAD ASS!. i need to find some one to sell me thier trunk lid. i think it makes your car look alot stocky-er..... i would make the swap.:wiggles:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I want to go smooth too. Even go so far as to apply 2.5RS badging. With all of the WRX being stolen in the area, especially in NJ, I want do what I can to hold on to her.

-B4

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think STI look good with the wing. however i think the wing is way too big. I like EVO8 with CF much better than STI wing.
i think it will look good on STI too

1 - 20 of 27 Posts