Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding.... now that I have your attention, lol, I just bought a high mile 04 WRX with what appears to be stock turbo ( factory heat shield) and a Mishmoto radiator? It drove great and I’ll admit I’m a complete noob at Subies but I’m a motor guy and have rebuilt other stuff. I paid $5k out the door? With 190k. Black 5spd and a decent interior that isn’t trashed. I don’t have good pics yet, but my plan is about 250ish flywheel HP and just drive it. If it ever wears out I’ll do forged bottom just because and maybe 300 whp later. I don’t race, I don’t do anything. I have nothing to prove... lol I’ve owned countless cars and have always loved early WRX styles. Anyway, I’ll fade back into oblivion and read some content here like an autistic kid. I’m sure I just bought some other guys problems. Wish me luck....

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
Just kidding.... now that I have your attention, lol, I just bought a high mile 04 WRX with what appears to be stock turbo ( factory heat shield) and a Mishmoto radiator? It drove great and I’ll admit I’m a complete noob at Subies but I’m a motor guy and have rebuilt other stuff. I paid $5k out the door? With 190k. Black 5spd and a decent interior that isn’t trashed. I don’t have good pics yet, but my plan is about 250ish flywheel HP and just drive it. If it ever wears out I’ll do forged bottom just because and maybe 300 whp later. I don’t race, I don’t do anything. I have nothing to prove... lol I’ve owned countless cars and have always loved early WRX styles. Anyway, I’ll fade back into oblivion and read some content here like an autistic kid. I’m sure I just bought some other guys problems. Wish me luck....
Should be an easy target to hit. The cobb AP and one of their staged kits should get you there easily

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
That's not how afr works. You will have to install a wide band O2 sensor and gauge. The accessport had a rudimentary one in the built in gauges on the unit.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not that I've seen. I've seen a BMW s85 in one though. 8500rpm of v10 goodness
While I am no expert on BMW V10s, the point of the LS conversions is how compact the engine is and how much power can be made from the small package. That is why you see 911, Miata and even Mustang LSx conversions.

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
While I am no expert on BMW V10s, the point of the LS conversions is how compact the engine is and how much power can be made from the small package. That is why you see 911, Miata and even Mustang LSx conversions.
Oh, for reliability and common sense absolutely the ls is the way to go. The aftermarket for it is astounding and support is everywhere regardless of the platform.

I was more commenting on if someone can cram the S85 in there I'm sure the LS would fit

·
Registered
450 Posts
Oh, for reliability and common sense absolutely the ls is the way to go. The aftermarket for it is astounding and support is everywhere regardless of the platform.

I was more commenting on if someone can cram the S85 in there I'm sure the LS would fit
No doubt. If you can get a mulitcam. multivalve V10 in there a LSx should fit with room for a turbo charge or two to spare.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts