Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I did some work on my car to install a new Td04 since the other went and I noticed my DAM was at 12 and I could hit peak boost at 3rd gear. I was only getting 6psi on the Stage 2 OTS Map from my Cobb AP. I haven't been experiencing knocks at all.

So questions:

1. Does boost leaks cause Low DAM?
2. If it is a boost leak where are the most common areas that I should look around?
3. OR is my car in some type of "limp mode."

Mods:
COBB SRI
INVIDIA CATLESS DP TO OEM CATBACK
WALBRO 255
CATLESS UP PIPE
STAGE 2 93 OCT OTS MAP
DUAL OIL CATCHCAN

·
Æternum
15,675 Posts
Yes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
15,675 Posts
Limp mode occurs when DAM is 0.5 (32 bit ECU) or 8 (16 bit ECU).

Be aware that the ECU defaults to 12 DAM after a reset progressively adding DAM until the dynamic advance timing is added in full. Be sure that you are not reading the DAM after an ECU reflash and have allowed sufficient time for the ECU to learn the new timing.

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
You probably didn't hook up your boost control solenoid correctly. A DAM of 12 isn't keeping you out of full boost. Sounds like you are running on wastegate spring pressure only and not bleeding off pressure through the BCS.

As far as the DAM being low I'd look to the turbo inlet and coupling of it with the turbo if it is persistent, especially if you weren't having issues before the swap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you were on limp mode you would probably have a check engine light.

the usual locations to check for boost leak is every where you have hose clamps for the intake, charge pipe, intercooler, jpipe/down pipe (though not usually the last one)
Im gonna try the soap/water trick on the lines and see. I have a idea that it may be on the BPV ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Limp mode occurs when DAM is 0.5 (32 bit ECU) or 8 (16 bit ECU).

Be aware that the ECU defaults to 12 DAM after a reset progressively adding DAM until the dynamic advance timing is added in full. Be sure that you are not reading the DAM after an ECU reflash and have allowed sufficient time for the ECU to learn the new timing.

I only reflashed it once. How long does it take to build up? Does disconnecting the battery reset the Ecu? I did some wiring so it might have reset again

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You probably didn't hook up your boost control solenoid correctly. A DAM of 12 isn't keeping you out of full boost. Sounds like you are running on wastegate spring pressure only and not bleeding off pressure through the BCS.

As far as the DAM being low I'd look to the turbo inlet and coupling of it with the turbo if it is persistent, especially if you weren't having issues before the swap.
I have the boost source tee'd off to the wastegate+Boost controller. Then the boost controller out goes to the turbo inlet.

I'll check the inlet tho. I usually forget small things like that ?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts