ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the cobb access port and its all kinda new to me, can any one explain how real time works? i am guessing reflashing is just making the ecu that way every time you start the car, but real time i don't get...

·
Registered
0 Posts
reflash is where it is your base map... what your car goes off of every time you start it power ect

real time is if you just wanna switch to like eco mode... it just changes 8 setting on the reflash to get what u need... more/less fuel ect

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i put real time eco mode on and cut my car off and then come back out latter and start it... its out of eco mode now?

·
Registered
0 Posts
so if i put real time eco mode on and cut my car off and then come back out latter and start it... its out of eco mode now?
hummmm i havent tried that so i dont know the answer ...

ok reflash u have to connect the green wires and ect
real time you dont

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
word, yea i got that part, im just scared to mess with it to much i dont wana reset my ECU like a friend of mine did to his, had to take it to a dealer and get it reprogrammed, but i think ima but it in eco mode realtime and cut it off for a while then go see if its still in eco mode

·
Registered
966 Posts
flashing would be your stage....1...2...etc. that will be forever programmed intoyour car untill you flash back to stock......real time is the switching of modes..//i.e. economy, race...etc etc....you can change modes "on the fly".....flashing, however, must be done by turning your car on (but not starting it)...doing the whole green plug stuff...etc etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts