Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got his 93 mr2-t.. I think he got like 350 hp to the wheel. Running arounding 16psi. Just wondering how fast would his car would run in the 1/4 mile with an average driver.. and how much you think I need to beat him? Like what kind of numbers I need under my hood... o yeh he even has dyno charts to prove it.. + this car is not stock... one thing he got some massive 18inch rims. dip dish.. might be the blitz rims.

·
Registered
0 Posts
MonkeyJuice5051 said:
My friend just got his 93 mr2-t.. I think he got like 350 hp to the wheel. Running arounding 16psi. Just wondering how fast would his car would run in the 1/4 mile with an average driver.. and how much you think I need to beat him? Like what kind of numbers I need under my hood... o yeh he even has dyno charts to prove it.. + this car is not stock... one thing he got some massive 18inch rims. dip dish.. might be the blitz rims.
ive seen lots of those run mid to low 13s. for you that would be like 2300 in mods for low 13s high 12s. even though i dont have one a stage zero + turbo back would be the way to go :D :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn... i though so.. cuz the previous owner stay it was running like low 12's... n i didnt believe him.. cuzi ts hard to get those number... now im really scare. lol. right now hes upgrading his engine fuel. its running to rich. i think he need a better fuel regulator or something.. cuz the car start shutting down at 5 rpm everytime he floors it. no fuel = fuel cut off = to much air = running rich. or it could be the opposite.. o well at least i could smoke him now...hahahaha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Id say he would probably run high 12's but the trap speeds would be higher than 110mph.
Forget about taking a car like that from a roll. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope

No Nitrous. Full interior. Pump gas. Street tires, etc. :)
Its got more now that I ported my Maf out alittle more and added an adjustible FPR to up the pressure on these stock injectors.
DSM's Kick ass...just like WRX's. ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Remember ppl, there are plenty of wickedly fast cars out there before WRX ever set foot on the US soil. Don't rule them out. Mr2 Turbo, Turbo Eclipes, Supra TT, RX7 TT are just a few of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's hard to believe a street I4 turbo motor can make 350rwhp at only 16psi w/out n20. Especially if he isn't running right now. I'm assuming he dynoed at 350rwhp with these problmes at and after 5k rpms. Do you know if he is a board member at board.mr2faq.com ?

If he truely has 350whp and is a decent driver, he should have no problem man handling you. No offense. I am guessing you are either stock or light moddified.

Peace,
Terence

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NONO right now its not in a good condition.. becuz hes running too rich.. thats y he get fuel cut off at 5k rpm.. anyways it does have 350hp.. without naws. he got trd pistol n ****.. talking bout a fully biult motor here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
MonkeyJuice5051 said:
damn u run 13.2? wtf u stripped the car or something.. krazy

or NAWS!!
am i the only one who has a headache?

regardless it is not hard to get a 3sgte pushing upward of 400 whp w/o cracking open the motor, the internals are very bullet proof hypereutectic pistons/rods, and a forged steel crank from the factory, closed cast iron deck, under piston oil squirters, short exhaust layout, and the intake manifold even has an IAB.

anyway, like with any factory turbo car, the power is there once most people realize that crying over low end power is akin to crying over spilled milk when you have a larger cow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel bad saying this every time Adam's MR2 comes up on another board to represent MR2s but...

THAT CAR HAS CHROME 18's!! :D He really needs to get some 15 inch TE-37s with drag radials and he'll see even better times. He's already hit like an 11.7 or something (correct me if I'm wrong MR2 guys). I would really love to see what that thing would run with a lightweight wheel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
GT30MR2 said:
12.1 @ 118

FYI, that guy's car is making around 385whp.
Why can't these guys learn how to use a freaken camera!

I basically saw nothing but a blurry something or other next to a white vette...then screwing around staging (typical) then some blurry tailights and that's bout it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I can beat my friends mr2 turbo. He has exhaust, greddy ic, throttle body piping, ic fan, intake, pulley and other stuff. He is only on stock boost though. ~~11 psi maybe w/ his mods. I wouldn't mind running him with more boost so I can see if he beats me. On stock boost I just pull on him(45 punch).

·
Registered
68 Posts
i dunno if im juding to fast or what.. this is really off topic, but, i hear of LOts of cars beating WRX's...such as this MR2, supra's, RX-7's,lightweight hondas, just about everything..so someone tell me how good the WRX is. cuz im gettin the WRX in like a week, and i might withdrawl cuz of so many stories i hear about it...stock vs. stock it does pretty well and when its slightly modded and whatever it does ok but when u wanna roll uptop it seems this car goes nowhere...correct me if im wrong...cuz i wanted maybe like a westwings bodykit (open to suggestions) with like stage 4 TSX kit (open to suggestions, tell me if u have better setup idea for less $$$. Im not a total newbie, but im no expert so im welcome to your ideas) i just wanna have some fun and end up winning most my races.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts