ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got a digital camera and went camping this past week before I start med school. Here's some pics. We camped on the top of Mt. Lemmon, which is a beautiful spot just north of Tucson, AZ. You'd never think there was a lush green forest in the middle of the southern Arizona deserts, but it's quite a place.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's me after consuming various, uh, beverages all day at high altitude. Hiking + beer = :eek: :eek3: :wiggles:

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more scenic pic. Amazing view...you can see the mountains just south of Phoenix from the top of the mountain. On the other side, you can see into Mexico.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
First pic is indeed beautiful. Nice work.

Now don't get mad, but my backpacking buddies and I call car camping "wus camping". :)

I do it, too, with my family sometimes.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bah, the cars were just there to get us to the top of the mountain. Otherwise, we would have had to backpack 135 miles in 110 degree weather to get there. :D

(we slept in tents) :)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Integra96 said:
Bah, the cars were just there to get us to the top of the mountain. Otherwise, we would have had to backpack 135 miles in 110 degree weather to get there. :D

(we slept in tents) :)
So you did some backpacking? Cool. Looks like a lovely area.
Funny you should say that, we're actually in the planning stages of a 100-mile backpacking trip in Maine for next year. :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Man i Havnt been up there since the fires last year...it used to look more green that it looks now..Awsome Views!

I used to go back packing in Desolation Wilderness above Placerville, Ca man its fun!

I love camping! cant wait till i can afford gear!

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hipswnger2 said:
Nice dent on the CL fender.
Good eye. I didn't even notice it in person.

<-- How did I manage to escape getting Photochopped to hell in this thread? :eek3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts