ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to ad some camber hardware to my rear suspension, and I'm looking for some thoughts on camber bolts vs. camber plates. Other than the price whats the real difference here?

Thanks

·
1,999 Posts
Camber plates replace your rubber top mounts...often with pillowball. They arguebly offer easier adjustment(which is a bit useless since you need an alignment facility and etc)

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Plates offer more adjustment over bolts. Plates also replace your soft strut tops w/ stiff pillowball ones- you get less deflection at the top.

Camber bolts are much cheaper and if you need only small changes, probably make the most sense.

Big Sky

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bolts can also have some weird effects, as you are changing the relation of the wheel plane with the plane of the strut. Camber plates keep this relationship the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to try the bolts to see if they do what I want, and if not I'll go with a set of plates

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put in some new stock struts on the rear and they don't have as much neg camber as they did before (by like a full degree), so I'm trying to fix that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts